Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is Tesla gonna start producing for U.S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9/26 for me, have source VIN but no delivery scheduled yet.
Hawaii is a difficult one to predict as there is a long way to ship to you - and, of course, it has to go by boat. The roads are all flooded!:D

Your SA will only know when your car leaves the factory. I'm finding that out the hard way. They know nothing until the end of the assembly process at the earliest. But, it might not take that long to ship to you. I bet they do it by container and will take no longer than 10 days once assembled.

If you have a VIN, it could be on the way to you. A proactive SA may be able to figure out where it is at this point. It's probably closer than you think!

• Love
Reactions: JenniferH
Hawaii is a difficult one to predict as there is a long way to ship to you - and, of course, it has to go by boat. The roads are all flooded!:D

Your SA will only know when your car leaves the factory. I'm finding that out the hard way. They know nothing until the end of the assembly process at the earliest. But, it might not take that long to ship to you. I bet they do it by container and will take no longer than 10 days once assembled.

If you have a VIN, it could be on the way to you. A proactive SA may be able to figure out where it is at this point. It's probably closer than you think!
Yes, I definitely expected to wait longer than others, but I didn't expect Tesla to wait 2+ months before even manufacturing it. I have been waiting so long, the edge has worn off and I am more just resigned to, "I'll get it when I get it."

Saw two trailers of new Teslas on I-5 North yesterday in Elk Grove, CA. One Model X and the rest were Model 3s. There were 2 DBM and the rest were White...

Attachments

• IMG_0787 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0787 (1).jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 82
Historically the majority of Fremont production in the last 6weeks of the quarter is for North America. So they should be hard on that now. Also a push to deliver to this market by year end for the tax rebates. This cycle will probably continue until the Berlin factory is running.

Thank you!!
Unclear. Your guess is as good as mine!

Not sure the actual timeline from VIN number creation to deliver. Is the VIN created at beginning or end of the production?

My SA did tell me weeks back that it would be about 1 week to ship to across country once produced.

If my experience thus far has any bearing it would be 3 weeks after a VIN appears in source. Been one week since I got mine and scheduled delivery prior to that for the 14th of Dec. Mind you, it has not populated on my page just. Still just in source.

They are coming ..

LR-AWD Orderd on 10/16 .. Taking delivery today 12/2.
That's awesome! I ordered mine on Nov 15th and spoke to the SA at university village and he mentioned that everyone who ordered in OCT is getting their M3s in the next week or two. So I am guessing mine will be close to Christmas.

Please let us know the build quality once you pick it up!!

Cheers and congratulations!

In Boston I went in on Labor Day and had mine 5 days later. The SA told me that the type that I got was very popular in Massachusetts and the distribution of them was flowing quickly. White w black interior LR AWD.
I wasn't picky about what I wanted so I went with what they had. I love the car!
You might be surprised how quickly you can get one if you simply ask what could be delivered the quickest.

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
In Boston I went in on Labor Day and had mine 5 days later. The SA told me that the type that I got was very popular in Massachusetts and the distribution of them was flowing quickly. White w black interior LR AWD.
I wasn't picky about what I wanted so I went with what they had. I love the car!
You might be surprised how quickly you can get one if you simply ask what could be delivered the quickest.

You are gonna live with the car for many years. Might as well wait a couple extra weeks and get what you really like.