TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When is the next batch of Model 3 Deliveries?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by viperboy, Aug 8, 2017.

1. viperboy

viperboy Member

Everyone knows we've got 30 production cars on the road. Are we expecting them to trickle out one by one? Another "mass" delivery event - this time non-televised of course?

Do we know of any VIN's higher than the 30 from July 28th?

2. AB4EJ

AB4EJ Member

My guess would be that the initial deliveries were to create some fanfare and publicity, and that additional deliveries will be done by service centers when the cars are ready (i.e., delivered and prepped).

3. DumbIdea

DumbIdea Member

I also wonder how much of those 30 deliveries were a rev 0.99 so that any more kinks could be worked out before release into the Wild. They were all to employees.

4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

It took almost three months between the initial delivery event of the Model X and when actual deliveries started. I doubt it will take that long with the Model 3 though as they plan to ramp up to much larger numbers.

I agree that these were most likely a 0.99 revision and that they want to make sure everything is correct before they build a bunch more of them. It is also possible that they are building store demo cars right now which would also be a good way to test the production without getting them in actual customer's hands.

They also still have to build a large number (several thousand?) for all their employees who ordered one (Tesla, SpaceX and SolarCity)

My worthless guess is that we will see more deliveries near the end of Q3.