Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is the right time to apply for Tesla Finance after initial order? delivery date showing currently is Jan 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you got VIN assigned, you only have about a week in most areas to take delivery.
It is also depending on your credit since finance may take longer if you don't have a good credit and trying to shop around to get the best rate.

Thank you guys for responding to my message. I will wait until a VIN is assigned. I have few credit unions who are offering great discounts however it may change in the next 5 months since the delivery date is too long at the moment.

I applied immediately after the order on January 27th and was approved with Tesla Finance (through a bank, of course). I checked with the sales advisor on how long the approval lasts, and they told me that it should still be fine even with the delivery now estimated in September. We’ll see.

I applied immediately after the order on January 27th and was approved with Tesla Finance (through a bank, of course). I checked with the sales advisor on how long the approval lasts, and they told me that it should still be fine even with the delivery now estimated in September. We’ll see.
Depends on the bank. We ordered January 23rd and our approval expired 60 days later.