Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is the Tesla App first enabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking that as soon as I got a VIN assigned, the Tesla app on my Android phone would allow me to login. When I try to login, I get the following error:
Sign-In Failed
There are no products linked to your Tesla account.
I'm guessing that your new car is linked to your account at delivery to allow you to unlock the car and such. I'm curious what were the experiences, with respect to your phone app, of those who have received their Model 3.

Thanks

Well you don’t expect them to allow you access to your Model 3 before you take delivery do you? People would be honking the horn on them remotely as they traveled by truck or train and make all of the people handling the delivery a bit nuts. They’re suffering enough from all of the phone calls that we’re subjecting them to! :D

From what I’ve read you swipe to the left or right to switch between multiple Tesla vehicles in the app.
Correct. I have the powerwall, an X and a 3. Constantly have to swipe to get to the right item. Also note sometimes the phone key app doesn’t work unless it is on the specific vehicle. It was much better after the ios update. Will be really interesting when we add another 3 to the mix this month.

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
Well you don’t expect them to allow you access to your Model 3 before you take delivery do you? People would be honking the horn on them remotely as they traveled by truck or train and make all of the people handling the delivery a bit nuts. They’re suffering enough from all of the phone calls that we’re subjecting them to! :D

This is why I shouldn't read TMC during meetings. Just cracked up laughing at this post. :D

Correct. I have the powerwall, an X and a 3. Constantly have to swipe to get to the right item. Also note sometimes the phone key app doesn’t work unless it is on the specific vehicle. It was much better after the ios update. Will be really interesting when we add another 3 to the mix this month.

You can also press the settings (gear) icon on the app, then there is the option to "Switch to Model S/X", but swiping left/right is probably quicker.

You can also press the settings (gear) icon on the app, then there is the option to "Switch to Model S/X", but swiping left/right is probably quicker.

And if you have more than 2, when you touch the ‘gear’ you get a ‘switch vehicle’ option that will list each vehicle’s name, last 6 of VIN, and color picture to choose from. It also shows each vehicle’s status (online or offline).

When we took delivery a couple of weeks ago, we actually got access about 30 minutes before arriving at the Service Center. To be honest, we were running about 30 minutes late so it probably showed up on the account right at the time our 10 am appointment would've started.

Search is indeed my friend.

I was getting the same error "There are no products linked to your My Tesla account'

Looks like it will be enabled just before delivery :)

I thought this was cool so I’ll add it :) I’m getting home delivery and my app will have the car when it leaves the Fremont factory and is driven to me. That way I can track it to me, or so they told me. So, taking requests on how to mess with the driver? Blast the AC? Turn the heat up? Lights on and off? Can you even do any of that while the car is moving?

Search is indeed my friend.

I was getting the same error "There are no products linked to your My Tesla account'

Looks like it will be enabled just before delivery :)

At delivery they said they enable the car 15 minutes before the appointment time. For some odd reason, they don't want new owners flashing the headlights and honking the horn while their car is at the delivery center.

• Funny
Reactions: DR61