Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you an owner? If not, yours is the first dates we have seen in CA showing the difference between owner and not.

And it means I did get preferential owner status even though I became an owner after the reveal in Dec 2016.
I hate to burst your bubble but I'm a non-owner East coaster and have the same estimates. This doesn't seem to be too accurate of an estimator. Maybe they should talk to Troy about coding it. :D

Reserved 4/2/16 online, non owner, live 45 min from factory. Dual motor shows Oct-Dec 2018. I won't be waiting for dual motor as I've never had one, nor truly need it. Also, waiting decreases rebate amount, making dual motor even more expensive.

See now this just makes me angry (not at you of course). I also live in California about 80 minutes from Fremont and I camped out over night to be the 3rd person through the door and get absolutely zero advantage over someone who reserved two days later. Elon Musk said last night that they care about the people that waited in line for a long time.

Well Tesla if you are listening I'm not feeling the love!

Mine says Jan-Mar for early production, Mar-May for base car and Oct-Dec for Dual Motor. I reserved mine on 3/31 at 11.59PM I live in Socal and did not want a early Model III. Im going to have to go bone stock and hope that the Tesla network launches or the price to activate Autopilot 2.0 drops to 5k. Little disappointed that Tesla made the glass roof as part of a 5000 dollar option, plus lack of heated mirrors and radar cruise control on the base model.

See now this just makes me angry (not at you of course). I also live in California about 80 minutes from Fremont and I camped out over night to be the 3rd person through the door and get absolutely zero advantage over someone who reserved two days later. Elon Musk said last night that they care about the people that waited in line for a long time.

Well Tesla if you are listening I'm not feeling the love!
I also reserved online on 4/2 and have 11/2018-1/2019 for AWD... I'm wondering if the estimates for AWD aren't too tightly 'processed' because start of production is so far out? We have no idea what the algorithms are, it could be a lot fewer buckets and we're randomized in the buckets, as opposed to the 'First Production/Long Range', where all the parameters (location/owner/timestamp) could matter a lot more.

I'm making all that up, of course! :D

I think we all need to calm down and wait for the dust to settle. It seems like they're having issues with their estimates. Hopefully they'll refine their coding and things will make more sense. I'm sure many of us will still be unhappy but the estimates should at least have a consistent logic.

Reactions: geometro
I think we all need to calm down and wait for the dust to settle. It seems like they're having issues with their estimates. Hopefully they'll refine their coding and things will make more sense. I'm sure many of us will still be unhappy but the estimates should at least have a consistent logic.

+1 thanks for the perspective. I guess I shouldn't be complaining. My line waiting got me priority for a rear drive Model at least. It's my problem if that's not the version I want I guess. My dad was with me in line and he is going to get the rear drive 310 mile version. At least I'll get a test drive in December!

I've been waiting for 12 years for this I guess another year and a half won't kill me.

I'm starting to see that Tesla is a much smaller company than what I thought.

I assume you mean because the ramp-up is slower than you would like? I wonder how Tesla's ramp-up plans compare to the release of new vehicles by other manufacturers? Chevy Bolt production has been really slow, but maybe that is by design rather than capacity. Does anyone have any numbers to compare Tesla's ramp-up to larger manufacturers?

Totally agree. I also think timing will change as they get a better idea on how many people are willing to place real orders for the different configurations. If they see a large number opting for AWD those dates could change quickly and substantially. Unfortunately, the same applies for a large influx of RWD orders over AWD.

IMG_3158.PNG
Here's another data point. I am in CA however my reservation went in before all the line waiters here as I did it in store 10AM in Europe during a trip (which was like 3AM here in CA).

• Informative
Reactions: zenmaster
3/31 in-person, non-owner East coast. Sep-Nov 2018 for D. (Nov '17-Jan '18 first production, Jan-Mar 2018 std batt)

A bit disappointing, especially since I really want the P, and that may be even later (3-6 months?). Still holding out hope that these are conservative/pessimistic estimates given that they don't know how the ramp will go and are trying to move people to the S for now. Since the FAQ says D is coming in Spring 2018, you'd think that some people would be getting June 2018 estimates. Since no one has, I assume the estimates include some slop factor.

Really hope we get more concrete info (including specs/dates for the P) by the end of the year. Oh well. With any luck TSLA will be significantly higher next year and that will take away some of the pain. /FWP

3/31 in-person, non-owner East coast. Sep-Nov 2018 for D. (Nov '17-Jan '18 first production, Jan-Mar 2018 std batt)

A bit disappointing, especially since I really want the P, and that may be even later (3-6 months?). Still holding out hope that these are conservative/pessimistic estimates given that they don't know how the ramp will go and are trying to move people to the S for now. Since the FAQ says D is coming in Spring 2018, you'd think that some people would be getting June 2018 estimates. Since no one has, I assume the estimates include some slop factor.

Really hope we get more concrete info (including specs/dates for the P) by the end of the year. Oh well. With any luck TSLA will be significantly higher next year and that will take away some of the pain. /FWP
Apparently they were referring to springtime in Australia.