Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is your Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive due for delivery, mine is in late 2018?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AWD is Jul - Sep 2018 for me, which makes sense as I live about 10 minutes away from the factory in case it needs service. :cool:

upload_2017-7-29_12-32-3.png

Note they are still trying to avoid the Osbourne effect with that Model S button!

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
So much for the west coast advantageo_O.
I think it may just be a California advantage. :rolleyes:

I'm resolved to remain hopeful for now, and monitor Elon's tweets for little nuggets of info. Seems like the dates should start firming up in October or so, when they have a much better handle on the ramp.

The big question is whether the dual motor is ready to go, but they don't want to complicate the ramp, or is there any engineering left to do? Same question for Performance version, where I suspect the engineering is not all worked out yet, given the issues with max HP and launch mode on Model S.

• Informative
I have a 2014 Model S and 2016 Model X. Previously had a 2013 Model S. Sacramento area. March 31st 2pm-ish, 2 store reservations placed about 3 minutes part. With regard to dual motor AWD, the lower number reservation (presumably the earlier) shows August 2018 - October 2018. The higher number reservation (presumably the later) shows July 2018 - September 2018. Is each reservation linked to one of my existing cars and the higher reservation number got linked to my 2014 (or 2013) car resulting in slightly higher priority? Or maybe the reservation numbers don't represent order? First production and standard options have the exact same dates though.

IMG_0004.jpg

• Informative
SEP-NOV 2018 for AWD, vs NOV-JAN for First production rwd. Considering getting an earlier car to get the tax credit, then getting an S or X AWD for later. Might just keep my 06 A4 as a rough weather car.

Number 70 or so in line at the Fremont CA factory; still have a CA address on the account although I'll take delivery in WA. Non-owner.

• Informative
I have a 2014 Model S and 2016 Model X. Previously had a 2013 Model S. Sacramento area. March 31st 2pm-ish, 2 store reservations placed about 3 minutes part. With regard to dual motor AWD, the lower number reservation (presumably the earlier) shows August 2018 - October 2018. The higher number reservation (presumably the later) shows July 2018 - September 2018. Is each reservation linked to one of my existing cars and the higher reservation number got linked to my 2014 (or 2013) car resulting in slightly higher priority? Or maybe the reservation numbers don't represent order? First production and standard options have the exact same dates though.

View attachment 238671
The timestamp of the reservation is what counts, the numbers, per se, mean nothing; I don't know if they recycle numbers from cancellations or what. My number from my 2/2017 res is a lot lower than the one from my 4/2/2016 one. So, they have no meaning at all.

SEP-NOV 2018 for AWD, vs NOV-JAN for First production rwd. Considering getting an earlier car to get the tax credit, then getting an S or X AWD for later. Might just keep my 06 A4 as a rough weather car.

Number 70 or so in line at the Fremont CA factory; still have a CA address on the account although I'll take delivery in WA. Non-owner.

I got the same delivery estimate being 15th in line (9:36AM PST) at Bellevue, WA (non-owner). Doesn't appear any California advantage in your estimate.

• Informative
Im in Toronto, reserved online a couple of hours before the first reveal on March 31, 2016, and ALL options for me are saying late 2018. I had really hoped that I would get the car around this time next year, and I can tolerate late 2018, but man, I really hope it doesn't slip much farther!

• Informative
Wow, I'm sure Tesla said on their site that AWD cars would start delivery in the Spring, but now deliveries expected until mid-summer. All Canadians are getting Late 2018 estimates. So Tesla beat expectations by delivering a handful of cars much earlier than expected, but still looks like the rest of us will be waiting a LONG time. Wasted 3 hours in line for Late 2018 (which could easily become sometime 2019). Will have to keep my eyes open on other car deals.

• Informative
Lol. Just checked again and both my reservations' dual motor windows moved up a month. Now June-August 2018 and July-September 2018. Decisions decisions. This will be tough cause (if Tesla hits 200k US cars in January 2018) the full tax credit will expire at the end of June 2018.

Last edited:
  • Informative