Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When ordering an inventory vehicle, how do we find out what options were standard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm purchasing an inventory vehicle with a build date of 8/17 and want to know what features are standard (not listed in the options). Is there some kind of guide for this?

Things I'm interested in:
Tow Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Sound (is it in PUP at 8/17 builds?)

Isn't that odd when people say the tow package became standard in July?

I had thought it became standard in the configurator in late July, so was expecting a September build to include it, but it depends on the order date more than the production date. If the order was placed before the cutoff for the new standard build the car would be built according to the build sheet created by the order I am guessing.

Funny you should ask, I bought a Model X from Inventory that had a build date of 9/2017 and thought it would include Tow Package and it did not, so I am betting 8/2017 will not either.
No, it definitely should. Mine was made around the first of September and had a sticker build month of August (who knows when they print the stickers!). Tow package standard, ordered August 6th!

Thanks for all the info, I have now gone back to my OA to find out why I do not have a tow hitch on my X.
you may want to take somebody with you who is familiar with all of the 'warts' of the x. Fir /finish - especially take concern they aren't unloading a ghosting windshield on you. Drive it at night & look at red lights that you may be approaching. See if you can observe a faint ghost / double image of the actual red light. If so - find out if they want your money bad enough to replace the windshield, & then check that windshield too. If you don't do it beforehand, they'll just simply tell you 'sorry, that's normal'. Ghosting has to be pretty significant before they will replace a windshield otherwise. upon replacement, it may still be hit-and-miss.

you may want to take somebody with you who is familiar with all of the 'warts' of the x. Fir /finish - especially take concern they aren't unloading a ghosting windshield on you. Drive it at night & look at red lights that you may be approaching. See if you can observe a faint ghost / double image of the actual red light. If so - find out if they want your money bad enough to replace the windshield, & then check that windshield too. If you don't do it beforehand, they'll just simply tell you 'sorry, that's normal'. Ghosting has to be pretty significant before they will replace a windshield otherwise. upon replacement, it may still be hit-and-miss.

Have had the car a while and been through a few issues already with it. Have not noticed ghosting so far, but will take a look and see if I notice any significant issue.

Finding out the options on an inventory car was the most frustrating thing about the whole process. Found a car we liked and really did my best to confirm all of the features through the OA, the 800 service number and on my tesla page. We made a special trip back down to talk with the sales person in person having him point out the different features on the demo cars. I even asked to drive to the car’s location a couple of hours from where I live but was told the car was at an unmanned hub. One of the features I specifically ask about was the Alcantara headliner. The OA put his hand on it in the demo car and said yes and that it was a very nice upgrade. When we saw the car at delivery it did not have the promised option. I tried asking if they would substitute something else (towing, extended warranty etc) but didn’t even get a reply. Everything else we love except for the mystery of buying a car site unseen and unreliable sales information. (Maybe two things the lack of customer service to acknowledge the mistake and try to make it right.)