Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Should I Do My First Tire Rotation -- 19" Primacy on P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000 miles seems awfully soon for a hard compound all-season. Maybe on the 21"s where alignment issues are suspected.

Really, though, as often as you can make time for. 3k miles or every 6 months is probably a good general baseline until our potential suspension mis-alignments are ironed out, but I suspect you could get away with longer on the 19" Primacies.

The first rotation should be done around 1500-2000 miles. The reason for this is that it gives every tire a chance to be on the drive axle during the early part of it's life. This will set up an even wear pattern and helps to avoid irregular wear later in the tire's life. This first rotation is really the most important rotation. The rest are just to even out the wear so that all four tires will wear out at the same time.

I rotated my 19" goodyears at 6500 miles and 23,000 miles. Just checked all treads on all tires. I am at 27,200 miles now with 7-7.5/32" Even all round. Not bad...

I removed my 19" goodyears and inspected side to side at 3300. By doing this even by eye (confirmed by measurement) the rears had asymmetric wear on the inner edges. Front was even wear pattern. I took photos and will post, but bottom line is that I requested an alignment check (only have to wait a month for my appointment)...