Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Should I Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put the $100 down to reserve a Performance M3 but don't need the car until early to mid November. I have been told couple of different dates to go forward with my order from Tesla. One told me to order second week of September, one told me I should order first week of October to get into the 4th quarter. What seems to be the delivery time after order right now and what would you guys recommend on order date to make sure I received in November?

Thanks.

It's difficult to say because delivery is based on the estimated delivery date. Right now it's 8-12 weeks but you won't know what the estimated delivery will look like in September.

Also, what's the benefit of getting into 4th quarter? 2021 model?

Said chance to be a 2021 Model depending how late the build was. They keep saying it is 4 to 6 weeks right now for delivery which would make Oct fine, but I have to have car before Dec 1st as wife’s current lease will be up on that date. So little nervous cutting it close like that but also don’t want to get car too soon and be paying for multiple vehicles.

I put the $100 down to reserve a Performance M3 but don't need the car until early to mid November. I have been told couple of different dates to go forward with my order from Tesla. One told me to order second week of September, one told me I should order first week of October to get into the 4th quarter. What seems to be the delivery time after order right now and what would you guys recommend on order date to make sure I received in November?

Thanks.

The current quarter started this month and should end in September!

They have usually had an end of quarter push and you get "extra" benefits, usually in just extra supercharging miles!

• Informative
Reactions: btownalset
I paid the $100 deposit about a month ago, and told the sales agent that I could not buy the car until late January or early February 2021. Actually I asked first whether it could be done. She entered the order to be submitted on January 1. So far no problems.