Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should I ping service re: not updating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

woodisgood

Optimustic Pessimist
Jul 26, 2018
San Francisco
Got the car on 8/1, and it came with 24.7 installed. No update since then, and the car is on wi-fi every night. I have done the steering wheel reset since getting the car (mostly just to see what happened).

I know updates roll out somewhat randomly, but wondering how normal it is to still be on 24.7. I don't want to bother the SC if this isn't something I should be concerned with - I know they're slammed right now. But I also don't want to be left behind when v9 comes out!

Got the car on 8/1, and it came with 24.7 installed. No update since then, and the car is on wi-fi every night. I have done the steering wheel reset since getting the car (mostly just to see what happened).

I know updates roll out somewhat randomly, but wondering how normal it is to still be on 24.7. I don't want to bother the SC if this isn't something I should be concerned with - I know they're slammed right now. But I also don't want to be left behind when v9 comes out!

I had to ping service for my latest update. It had been ~2 months since the last update. They told me I had a update fail to download 3 days before. At first they told me they'd have to schedule a mobile service appointment, but then a couple hours later I had a fresh update.

For you it has only been a few weeks, but it does seem that most of the fleet has moved on:
upload_2018-8-20_9-3-32.png

(from TeslaFi)

Might be worth a call to service (just expect to be on hold for awhile right now).

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood
I talked to a service tech pretty extensively about updates since I have poor connectivity at home (either wifi or cellular.) Among other things, he told me that if you connect your car to the service center wifi (ours has a supercharger on-site, although pretty out-of-the-way for me) the latest update will be pushed automatically.

As I understand it though, If you have decent home wifi, odds are you wouldn't need to do that.

• Informative
Reactions: woodisgood
Just an update -
So I ended up sending Tesla my question via my Tesla account. Didn't receive any call or email, but today (about 48h after sending in the question), I got an update (32.2) available for the first time. Possible they looked into it and pushed the latest update, or purged a failed download, or maybe it's just a coinkydink.