TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When should I ping service re: not updating?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by woodisgood, Aug 20, 2018.

1. woodisgood

woodisgood Member

Got the car on 8/1, and it came with 24.7 installed. No update since then, and the car is on wi-fi every night. I have done the steering wheel reset since getting the car (mostly just to see what happened).

I know updates roll out somewhat randomly, but wondering how normal it is to still be on 24.7. I don't want to bother the SC if this isn't something I should be concerned with - I know they're slammed right now. But I also don't want to be left behind when v9 comes out!

2. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

I had to ping service for my latest update. It had been ~2 months since the last update. They told me I had a update fail to download 3 days before. At first they told me they'd have to schedule a mobile service appointment, but then a couple hours later I had a fresh update.

For you it has only been a few weeks, but it does seem that most of the fleet has moved on:
    upload_2018-8-20_9-3-32.png
    (from TeslaFi)

Might be worth a call to service (just expect to be on hold for awhile right now).

• Informative x 1
  3. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

im still on 2018.21.9

• Informative x 1
  4. RedSafari

RedSafari Member

I’ve gone from early June till August without seeing updates. When it finally updated it went from 2018.13 to 2018.26. There was nothing wrong with the car, just unpredictable when it gets the updates.

• Informative x 1
  5. BenR

BenR Member

I talked to a service tech pretty extensively about updates since I have poor connectivity at home (either wifi or cellular.) Among other things, he told me that if you connect your car to the service center wifi (ours has a supercharger on-site, although pretty out-of-the-way for me) the latest update will be pushed automatically.

As I understand it though, If you have decent home wifi, odds are you wouldn't need to do that.

• Informative x 1
  6. woodisgood

woodisgood Member

Thanks guys. I figure I'll address it when we visit the SC later this month.

7. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

This used to be the case but hasn’t been true in at least a couple years.

• Informative x 1
  8. woodisgood

woodisgood Member

Just an update -
    So I ended up sending Tesla my question via my Tesla account. Didn't receive any call or email, but today (about 48h after sending in the question), I got an update (32.2) available for the first time. Possible they looked into it and pushed the latest update, or purged a failed download, or maybe it's just a coinkydink.