Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should we sell our Model 3 P before our Model Y is delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough. Then how is responding to them with a legitimate answer breaking a forum rule?

It isnt. If I thought any current responses in this thread were breaking rules, I would have removed them. I am just trying to prevent the inevitable escalation that usually comes along with some of the responses I have seen in this thread, and posting a suggestion that would hopefully de escalate.

Update on selling our M3P
Sad day! Vroom picked up our 2022 M3P today 😢 Now we wait for our Model Y LR to be delivered between Nov to Dec. Wanted to update everyone on our experience with selling. We were trying to decide if we should try and sell privately or through one of the services like CarMax, Vroom, etc. so we got quotes from CarMax, Carvana, Vroom, FindMyElectric, Driveway, and GiveMeTheVin. Our car had 6,743 miles in perfect condition.

Here are the results from each:
  • CarMax – Had to go in to let them look at the car which in all took about an hour and they offered $61,000
  • Carvana – Came back and asked for a picture of the odometer screen and of the window sticker. They asked me to text the images to a number which I did. I never got an offer back and a few days later they text and saying they were a Live Advocate is there anything we can help you with? I said "What is your offer?" and they never responded back by text and I keep getting email from them asking if I want to buy a car, I think unrelated to me trying to sell my car. So Carvana was a complete waste of time.
  • Vroom – Immediately emailed back an offer of $63,000
  • GiveMeTheVin – Emailed back $53,728 - $55,735 saying their offers are negotiable so I think this was another Faux site of a bunch of car dealers trying to act like a real online car company.
  • FindMyElectric – This ended up being a bunch of car dealerships too that started texting and emailing wanting to talk and asking what I wanted for the car. I responded to one and said $64,000 and they came back with $59,000. So this site was a bust.
  • Driveway – Emailed saying they wanted to schedule a time to see the car. I did not do that.
We went with Vroom since their offer was only $400 less than what we paid for the car excluding sales tax. We accepted their offer and with a couple hours had a DocuSign agreement to sign accepting the offer and then right after an online Notarization service to give them Power of Attorney to payoff the bank (we owed $15,000). That all went seamlessly and in a couple days got a text saying they would like to come pick up the car the next day which was a Friday. They arrived on time and within 30 minutes were gone. 5 hours after pickup, I got an email saying the check had been sent to the bank to pay off the loan which would clear in 5 – 10 business days and the check sent to my account direct deposit would arrive in 1 – 2 business days. Hopefully should see the money in our account on Monday. If anything goes off the rails I will update this post.

So based on our experience we highly recommend Vroom for selling your car!
IMG_1467.jpg
IMG_1472.jpg

Last edited:
GiveMeTheVin – Emailed back $53,728 - $55,735 saying their offers are negotiable so I think this was another Faux site of a bunch of car dealers trying to act like a real online car company.

No, its not that actually. Its a company that buys and wholesales used vehicles (like carvana / vroom but in existence longer than those companies). I sold my wifes 2019 X3 to them and checked into them a bit.

Reactions: voxel
No, its not that actually. Its a company that buys and wholesales used vehicles (like carvana / vroom but in existence longer than those companies). I sold my wifes 2019 X3 to them and checked into them a bit.
Thanks, yeah I didn’t do much research besides getting that quote. It was just me speculating. I was surprised what a good offer Vroom gave. Also surprised at how poorly Carvana did. I figured they would have been similar experiences but they were a big flop. Never got an offer after I text them the window sticker and picture of the Tesla display.

Your vroom experience was what my carvana one was. Carvana responded quickly when I was selling my Infiniti G37 convertible prior to picking up my model 3 and, their offer was 4k over Teslas offer. Pickup and payment looked the same - just replace the vroom sticker with a carvana one. I was incredibly impressed. This was back in May.

Thanks, yeah I didn’t do much research besides getting that quote. It was just me speculating. I was surprised what a good offer Vroom gave. Also surprised at how poorly Carvana did. I figured they would have been similar experiences but they were a big flop. Never got an offer after I text them the window sticker and picture of the Tesla display.

Carvana has been lowballing lately or not wanting to buy cars. I had to free up garage space for the new Model Y and sold a car to CarMax for $7K more than Carvana, Vroom, and GiveMeTheVin offered. GMTV was saying auction prices were lower these days and they aim to make a few hundred at least on every sale since they basically just send to auction.

Reactions: jjrandorin