Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Tesla tests motors how many amps do they max out at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sam1

Sep 11, 2019
NV
[Moderator note: the “clickbait title” has been changed to more accurately reflect the quesiton posed by @Sam1. Please do not use grossly inaccurate thread titles. Thank you.]

clickbait title. Forgot to post earlier, I guess Tesla runs the 3 motors hard right off the assembly line. Graph goes flatline from 0 to off the charts past 900 amps instantly. Screencap was from just a few miles on the odo from the store.

Am actually curious to how far they take them, that could easily be going past 1,000 amps... which means there's room for more boom juice in the electron hose.

20190916_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no break in period. Also electric vehicles have motors, not engines. Engines run by utilizing combustion. There also aren’t 3 motors in the car. If you purchased an AWD Tesla then it has one front motor and one rear motor. Only the prototype Model S that Tesla has started testing has 3 motors.

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: afadeev and Matsayz
There is no break in period. Also electric vehicles have motors, not engines. Engines run by utilizing combustion. There also aren’t 3 motors in the car. If you purchased an AWD Tesla then it has one front motor and one rear motor. Only the prototype Model S that Tesla has started testing has 3 motors.

You missed the <humor> tag in the title. The OP said it was clickbait, meaning, he knew it was wrong and was trying to be funny.

furthermore, OP used “motor” correctly and by “3 motors”, I infer they meant “the motors which Tesla installs in Model 3 sedans.”

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but I got the sense the OP was being humorous and maybe that was missed (which is way better than a missing humerus!)

Mine was identical when I looked before driving outside of the 30 mile range. I assumed they must drive it around a lap or block or something once they finish everything up with production just to make sure it works. I only had 8 miles on the odometer.

In English, motor and engine are synonymous. I agree we should use motor for an electrical engine and engine for a combustion motor, but they are not technically different.
To engineers (and others who care about semantics, such as myself) “motor” and “engine” mean very different things. They are “technically” different.

To the general public they mean the same thing.

Electric motors don't really tend to max out. Given the current, they will give their all, untill the wires melt and open.
So they are artificially limited to keep it from happening.
Similar to a overclocked processor, it can go faster and faster until it is fried.

You missed the <humor> tag in the title. The OP said it was clickbait, meaning, he knew it was wrong and was trying to be funny.

furthermore, OP used “motor” correctly and by “3 motors”, I infer they meant “the motors which Tesla installs in Model 3 sedans.”

Thanks for trying to be helpful, but I got the sense the OP was being humorous and maybe that was missed (which is way better than a missing humerus!)

Thank you sir, at least someone got it lol

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors