Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When the ACTUAL cybertruck pricing is released…,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be more expensive, here are my favorite excuses for the delay:
1. Ukraine
2. China
3. Fuel prices
4. Supply chain issues
5. COVID
6. OMNICRON
7. Production delays
8. Factory delays
9. Regulator delays
10. Wiper delays
11. Battery delays
12. Inflation
13. Glitch in the Matrix
14. SpaceX
15. Russia, Russia, Russia
16. COVID MORONIC (OMNICRONs Russian Brother)
17. Iran
19. North Korea
20. Syria
21. Boogie man of your nightmares.
22. Corruption
23. Politics
24. California labor law
25. Austin TX move
26. Berlin Germany move
27. NATO
28. Solar flares
29. Climate change
30. Lawsuits
31. NPC's in leadership roles
32. Leadership challenges
33. Mirrors
34. Too long
35. Won't fit in garage
36. Too big
37. Focus on Mars
38. Focus on SpaceX
39. Focus on Starlink

There are some political ones that will get me censored, but you get the idea.

I expect itll be lower than todays closing when the truck is release. Ive held the stock since $195 so im not mad but lets be real its overvalued and we’re heading into a recession
you being pessimistic but I'm realist-with 2 new factories running, EVs being the future I'm bullish-been holding since $34/share.

It'll be interesting to see what the interior looks like. I really like the specs of the truck, but to TM3's point, the Rivian and Ford EV trucks are pretty nice inside and out. So, Tesla will need to up its game on the interior. They don't need to add a bunch of buttons, but it can't be featureless either. As for pricing, I don't think that Tesla even knows itself, and will most likely hold that to itself until the last moment. There are too many unknowns, a year + away from building the truck, for them to announce a price in advance. They've seen Rivian's blowback, and they'll need to avoid a repeat.

It'll be interesting to see what the interior looks like. I really like the specs of the truck, but to TM3's point, the Rivian and Ford EV trucks are pretty nice inside and out. So, Tesla will need to up its game on the interior. They don't need to add a bunch of buttons, but it can't be featureless either. As for pricing, I don't think that Tesla even knows itself, and will most likely hold that to itself until the last moment. There are too many unknowns, a year + away from building the truck, for them to announce a price in advance. They've seen Rivian's blowback, and they'll need to avoid a repeat.
I will agree that the Rivian interior looks nice but the Ford Lightning is literally just an old Ford truck interior with a touch screen slapped in it. Tons of buttons and very outdated and ugly compared to Rivian and Tesla.

It will be more expensive, here are my favorite excuses for the delay:
1. Ukraine
2. China
3. Fuel prices
4. Supply chain issues
5. COVID
6. OMNICRON
7. Production delays
8. Factory delays
9. Regulator delays
10. Wiper delays
11. Battery delays
12. Inflation
13. Glitch in the Matrix
14. SpaceX
15. Russia, Russia, Russia
16. COVID MORONIC (OMNICRONs Russian Brother)
17. Iran
19. North Korea
20. Syria
21. Boogie man of your nightmares.
22. Corruption
23. Politics
24. California labor law
25. Austin TX move
26. Berlin Germany move
27. NATO
28. Solar flares
29. Climate change
30. Lawsuits
31. NPC's in leadership roles
32. Leadership challenges
33. Mirrors
34. Too long
35. Won't fit in garage
36. Too big
37. Focus on Mars
38. Focus on SpaceX
39. Focus on Starlink

There are some political ones that will get me censored, but you get the idea.
Thank you for this! Made me laugh. Something I would do if I was taking a poop and had some time to kill.

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
I'm expecting the release pricing to be above 100k, for SURE with FSD option, possibly even without.

Can't see how it would not be, assuming they stick to the quad-motor, long range. mX 320mile pack is $115. Hopefully in the long run the paint-free, mostly stamped stainless will be cheaper; initially it's got to cost a lot more (?)

Please Please Please, release asap.

I will agree that the Rivian interior looks nice but the Ford Lightning is literally just an old Ford truck interior with a touch screen slapped in it. Tons of buttons and very outdated and ugly compared to Rivian and Tesla.
Rivian interior looks GREAT but it's actually slightly smaller feeling than even a tacoma.

Source: I took delivery of mine, and have sold it.

I don't need fancy, just comfortable and durable.

Reactions: TessP100D
The first thing I'll look at the the functionality. If it doesn't have a drivers instrument display or HUD, built-in navigation, and a Sirius XM receiver, then I'm out. The truck would be used like a truck, driven a lot of miles, and I'll be in places without a cell signal at least once week.

As far as cost, anything above $70-75k would be hard to justify on a TCO basis, given I can buy a very nice diesel for much less.

The first thing I'll look at the the functionality. If it doesn't have a drivers instrument display or HUD, built-in navigation, and a Sirius XM receiver, then I'm out. The truck would be used like a truck, driven a lot of miles, and I'll be in places without a cell signal at least once week.

As far as cost, anything above $70-75k would be hard to justify on a TCO basis, given I can buy a very nice diesel for much less.

lol. seriously? You aren't going to find a new F250 or F350 Lariat with a diesel engine for under $70k. And the fuel to power it is well over $4 / gallon. Unless you tow a ton a Diesel is very expensive in purchase / fuel costs and maintenance....

lol. seriously? You aren't going to find a new F250 or F350 Lariat with a diesel engine for under $70k. And the fuel to power it is well over $4 / gallon. Unless you tow a ton a Diesel is very expensive in purchase / fuel costs and maintenance....
Except I'm not looking at the F250 or 350. These are larger trucks than the Cybertruck, and they also have a far greater tow and payload capability. Therefore I don't think these are a valid comparison.
I'm looking at the Colorado/Canyon, Chevy Silverado, and the Jeep Gladiator. The highest MSRP in a well equipped diesel configuration for these listed is $60,000.

Reactions: coleAK