Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When there is a huge back order why is there inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen cars that are almost an exact match for mine on ev-cpo.com, only difference is lack of a tow hitch. How is it that I am waiting for a car to be built that is in inventory? I have no doubt that cars that were an EXACT match came and went without me noticing since I don't' spend 24/7 refreshing ev-cpo over and over again.

I don't get it,

Keith

I have seen cars that are almost an exact match for mine on ev-cpo.com, only difference is lack of a tow hitch. How is it that I am waiting for a car to be built that is in inventory? I have no doubt that cars that were an EXACT match came and went without me noticing since I don't' spend 24/7 refreshing ev-cpo over and over again.

I don't get it,

Keith
They don't just crank out cars and pile them up in the back of the building. Transport trucks are largely run by 3rd parties. Prices to ship a truck full of vehicles across the country changes by the hour based on demand. Tesla probably just throws demos/inventory cars on a truck when they need to fill another slot or two. They'll sell them regardless of where the car ends up.