Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to give up waiting on FSD Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many around here I bought FSD and have been waiting for 4-5 months for them to accept new testers. I've had a 99 or 100 score for the entire time which basically means I've been driving like a 90 year old. I had decided that I was going to give up and go back to driving normal but then the Elon tweet came out two weeks ago about it rolling out to new drivers "next week". Obviously nothing happened and so I'm continuing to play the game of do I opt out and start driving normal or do I continue to keep my pristine score waiting for something that might not come for a very long time.

Is there any reason to think that something is coming any day now? I have the fear as I'm sure others do that if I opt out if will get released to new drivers and I'll miss it and then I'll opt back in and try and reestablish a safety score only to see another very long delay. How are all of you handling this? I know it's a first world problem and I don't even know if I'd care about actually having the FSD Beta but at least if I get it I can stop worrying about every hard stop I make...

Thanks.

Reactions: radiocycle
Stopped giving them money and never have been happier.

If you wanna tinker, try out openpilot, code is fully OSS

Like many around here I bought FSD and have been waiting for 4-5 months for them to accept new testers. I've had a 99 or 100 score for the entire time which basically means I've been driving like a 90 year old. I had decided that I was going to give up and go back to driving normal but then the Elon tweet came out two weeks ago about it rolling out to new drivers "next week". Obviously nothing happened and so I'm continuing to play the game of do I opt out and start driving normal or do I continue to keep my pristine score waiting for something that might not come for a very long time.

Is there any reason to think that something is coming any day now? I have the fear as I'm sure others do that if I opt out if will get released to new drivers and I'll miss it and then I'll opt back in and try and reestablish a safety score only to see another very long delay. How are all of you handling this? I know it's a first world problem and I don't even know if I'd care about actually having the FSD Beta but at least if I get it I can stop worrying about every hard stop I make...

Thanks.
I was a "FanGirl" initially, but after two years plus, just feel ripped off and stupid for paying the ten grand for something that doesn't really exist. Musk has done some positive things, for sure, but, in my opinion, he needs to refund ALL of us the money we put out for something he has promised and not provided. (the FSD)

Thanks.
Elon’s said twice now that new people are being added this version or next. He specifically said the current one, but it’s having a serious issue forcing disengagements on unmarked roads that it wasn’t before. Something needs to be rolled back. I’d stay in. 22,000 miles and a 100 score here. I feel your pain.

Reactions: JeremyJ
To be exact, someone else mentioned the version and new FSD entrants and Elon said "yeah".
That was the second time, replying to the same person asking if the following was still the plan.
CE6E34DE-6026-4437-9B01-3B2FF08A29D8.jpeg

Ok, just for fun you need to understand that Elon time is not real time. Example, “…we are working the weekend (2-days) to get 10.12 in limited release tomorrow (1-day).” And it was not released until the 18th, 4-days later. 😉

Ok, just for fun you need to understand that Elon time is not real time. Example, “…we are working the weekend (2-days) to get 10.12 in limited release tomorrow (1-day).” And it was not released until the 18th, 4-days later. 😉
I’m well aware. I was just saying that he mentioned a specific version and score. He hasn’t done that since the initial 10.3 score based acceptance in October.

Thanks.
I would wait to get fsd beta. It's amazing when it works and I always love to see what it can do but it's not for everyone.

I had FSD beta on my 2020 Y, traded the car in for a 2022 Y w/FSD (paid for, not subscription), hence, lost the beta. Doing the safety score thing now. It’s really not that bad, it seems less sensitive as it did in September. 9 days of driving pretty normally, 100 score everyday.

The beta does so much better in a lot of circumstances than regular AP, it’s worth waiting for. I’m just pissed having had it, paying for it again, and not having it. I understand how others feel.

Reactions: JeremyJ

Thanks.
I have been listening to Elons prognostications for 8 years of Tesla ownership. Word to the uninitiated …. Don’t believe any tweets or public espouses …..just enjoy your car and when you see it happening re-enroll

Reactions: boonedocks
I'm at 98 score for the last week and no FSD Beta. I just noticed in a letter from [email protected] that they want you to have "100 mi in Autosteer". I had not seen this requirement before and have been making recent 130 mi trips in manual to set up braking and unsafe following distance. I'm also worried that my 2017 Model X doesn't have the proper hardware, although it says "Full Safe Driving Capable". Where do I check the correct boards installed?
Thanks, Curt

I'm at 98 score for the last week and no FSD Beta. I just noticed in a letter from [email protected] that they want you to have "100 mi in Autosteer". I had not seen this requirement before and have been making recent 130 mi trips in manual to set up braking and unsafe following distance. I'm also worried that my 2017 Model X doesn't have the proper hardware, although it says "Full Safe Driving Capable". Where do I check the correct boards installed?
Not sure where you can find further data, although if you are "Full self driving capable" I believe that refers to the computer in your car (Hardware 3.0) Your car may still be lacking cameras, an issue that needs fixing in a tesla shop.