TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

When to pay the car?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Eresan, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Eresan

Eresan Member

I am picking up on June 28th tuesday. My loan will pay part of it. I asked my DS how do I pay my part, he said I will see a pay link in My Tesla page about 2 days before delivery. I do not see it.

Does that mean I am waiting for a "pay link" to checkout like making a purchase on ebay? when picking up, do they allow you to bring them a personal check instead?

Thanks

2. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

Good question.. My bank already paid their part.. I owe ~$13 k after the $5k deposit money is accounted for..
    My DS asked the Fremont office to finalize the accounting and they sent me a link to make final payment, but that link was dead.
    I went to "My Tesla", and that detail page has the accounting half way down with a payment link... BUT that has the accounting obviously wrong, says I'm fully paid and won't let me put ##s in to pay the balance!
    Perhaps they are giving me a $13k discount?

DS has told me to bring a check.. Didn't specify if it needed to be a cashiers check..

3. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

You'll see a link when they're ready to accept payment. If the link indicates its paid for and you know you haven't, let your DS known and it'll be re-activated. Just put the amount you're going to pay in the box and then follow the prompts with your bank info.

It would be nice if it were a discount. :)

I think it's a bigger issue in non-direct sale states.

4. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

Trust me the emails have been bouncing back and forth.. His final answer was ..

"I'd hate for you to be spending your time trying to figure out the payment method! We can have you bring a check to delivery if that's easier?

As mentioned, my payment systems have been having a difficult time these last few days, and regrettably I'm not sure when they plan to have the issue resolved. "

5. Rich Meister

Rich Meister Member

I'm in the early stages of ordering. How soon did you guys get the financing done? I am already approved by Alliant but they're requesting a sales agreement. Is this too early?

6. Electric700

Electric700 Member

See if you can delay your first payment until after your car is delivered.

7. ishop4more

ishop4more Member

I think they need the sales agreement to complete the financing agreement.

8. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Bless that DS.. yes just bring a personal check. That's what I did with no problem. They do that all the time.

9. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

Indeed Carlos, DS at Salt Lake City has been a super-star about returning emails and communication in general.

• Like x 2
  10. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Yes, if the auto pay link isn't working just bring a personal check. They can shut off the car remotely if it bounces. :D

11. bhzmark

bhzmark Active Member

Even if the link works, maybe you want some leverage to not take delivery until they fix any serious issues? Plan to pay by check anyway.

12. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

Walking away and cancelling the ACH (2 days to clear) for non performance works too, but I understand your concern for sure.
    A check is smart. Congrats and good luck @Eresan ! Hopefully there is no worry and only a great experience.

13. DiveDeep

DiveDeep Member

Finally the payment link and computation are correct and active in "My Tesla". Also reviewed temporary registration by FedEx with a "Statement of delivery outside California" form today.. Expecting to schedule delivery I next day or two!

14. Poiuy09

Poiuy09 Member

I paid full amount (loan + balance from My Tesla) 3 days before the delivery appointment. Today my DS called and the car might not be ready.
    No ETA as of now. If the delivery is at the end of a quarter, you need all the leverage and I gave up mine by paying before delivery appointment. Take the check with you for delivery.

• Informative x 1