Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to put on hold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I placed an order for a MSLR in February. Current delivery estimate is Jun 22- July 20. I’d like to delay the delivery until December. When is the best time to ask Tesla, before or after VIN assignment?
Thanks

Current policy (as far as I’m aware) is limited to 90 days from order date. So that’s the longest they’ll usually hold for. Otherwise you lose the deposit and have to order again (back of the line).
Do you have link or context? I'm trying to search for this topic now.

I ordered on 11/27, this is my first time getting a vin and I have never rejected or put the car on hold.

If I get a text that says "if a delivery appointment is not selected by tonight your order will automatically be placed on hold and this vehicle will move on to the next customer. Please note that if this order is placed on hold, it may be subject to cancellation based on order date."

Does that mean they will actually cancel it? What do they mean by "based on order date". How do I know if my date is eligible to be placed on hold?

I would call them, but I never got any SA and this whole process I'm dealing with the computer.
My local delivery center is closed for the day.