Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to wait for 2023 M3 RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mine June 1st 2022 and says it will be delivered by Oct - Dec. which it might be a 2023 by then and I guess the EDD could change
Believe me, it jumps around like crazy. I ordered my m3 lr in early April, and have seen EDDs from June 13 to December. Mine just went from mid July to late August to late June. Who knows what it will be when it gets updated again.

Reactions: Sjf03
Current wait is Sept-Dec for RWD Aero’s. Do I just place an order when it says Expected delivery Jan-April to guarantee a 2023 model?
The estimated delivery dates are no guarantee, since they may change over time, often to outside the range given at the time of initial order.

While model year is a legal definition, and some feature changes were aligned with model year changes (e.g. the ~60kWh LFP battery and the trim name change from SR+ to RWD for model year 2022), some other feature changes were not aligned with model year changes (e.g. radar deletion, global versus premium headlamps, AMD Ryzen versus Intel Atom infotainment computer, lithium ion versus lead acid low voltage battery, make and model of OEM tires).

Thanks for the responses. Since my original post over a month ago I have updates and ordered on 6/1/22. I'll just take the car ASAP.

OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD (no trade-in, set to cash immediately).
06/02 EDD: 10/29 to 12/24
06/14 EDD: 10/11 to 12/06
06/27 EDD: 10/15 to 11/26

So far all the pushes are in the right direction, not like it matters but i'm still keeping track.

I didn’t know they were making any M3 RWD. I have a 2019, but, I’m curious, what’s the draw?
They are making them but at a slow rate due to the LFP batteries. The standard range plus is the same as RWD.
The RWD trim (formerly called SR+) is less expensive than the LR AWD trim.

Some people may prefer the LFP battery in the current RWD cars over the NCA battery in the current LR cars.
that’s why I got the RWD if for the LFP battery. The state I live is in is perfect conditions for it

You are an outlier. There are many of us still waiting from 2021.
Did you order any upgrade features or did you just opt in for the base colors and interior and wheels? Because as it was explained to me at the dealer if you pay for an upgrade feature this could put you ahead of those who don’t because the line for the upgrade features is shorter then non upgraded ones which are the more popular purchased ones.. but that could all be hear say.. I ordered my black rwd 5/19 with an EDD of 10/1-11/12 hopefully this holds true.. but after reading there are still people waiting for 2021 orders it may not be

Did you order any upgrade features or did you just opt in for the base colors and interior and wheels? Because as it was explained to me at the dealer if you pay for an upgrade feature this could put you ahead of those who don’t because the line for the upgrade features is shorter then non upgraded ones which are the more popular purchased ones.. but that could all be hear say..
If you go to the order web site and try different options, the estimated delivery date may change. Usually, the more expensive configurations have a shorter estimated delivery date. For example, right now, if you try to order a Model 3 RWD, you will see November 2022 to February 2023 for a base model, but if you add any extra cost paint color, wheels, or interior color, it becomes October 2022 to January 2023 (one month sooner).

Unusually, it seems that the LR estimated delivery dates are currently one month later than the RWD estimated delivery dates. But the P estimated delivery dates are sooner: August to October 2022.

If you have the car on order with a lease company its worth going to Tesla directly and give them your reservation number as lease company seems to have conflicting information from Tesla as was told estimate of November by lease company yesterday and then I phoned Tesla on 0162 8450660 Option 2 and they gave me the original estimate of September. M3 RWD ordered on 4th January 2022. I'm now thinking their giving my car to the recent orders to make more profit.

I'm convinced the RWD M3's are being delayed further by Tesla to bump up their quarterly profits and the lease companies are prioritizing the recent dearer car deals to obtain more profit. Ordered my car on 4th January and Zen tell me November and Tesla cant even give me an EED and say estimate is September. Its very alarming that cars ordered with an original estimate of March are still behind the recent orders.

Delays on 2023 deliveries are gonna get a lot worse if this bill passes as is. The RWD Model 3 would be the only Model 3 (at current prices) to qualify for the $7500 federal tax credit and it will start 1/1/23. Anyone that can delay their late 2022 delivery until next year will likely do so to save $7500. Others will likely cancel and get back in line if Tesla won't let them delay that long.

Bingo. My dates are oct 12 to nov 23. Come on Tesla, delay that sucker. Otherwise, i'll have to ummm change my order. As well, my 4 year old baby will qualify for the 4k used car rebate, hopefully maintaining or even increasing its resale value. THis *might* work out.

Now if you wanted an i4, which I admit I like, then I have to sign on the line this weekend.

Both those factor could spur Tesla price increases, so you have to play the game of changing your order just before you think a price change is imminent.

ohh the pain of the EV buyer.... :)

Last edited:
Delays on 2023 deliveries are gonna get a lot worse if this bill passes as is. The RWD Model 3 would be the only Model 3 (at current prices) to qualify for the $7500 federal tax credit and it will start 1/1/23. Anyone that can delay their late 2022 delivery until next year will likely do so to save $7500. Others will likely cancel and get back in line if Tesla won't let them delay that long.

It's still stupid that after all the inflation that the (sedan) $55K price limit is still in the bill, cutting out all but the base Model 3 from the rebate. Just set the price cap to $80K across the board regardless of vehicle type, FFS.

Would the MiC LFP batteries in the base Model 3 even qualify for the full rebate?

It's still stupid that after all the inflation that the (sedan) $55K price limit is still in the bill, cutting out all but the base Model 3 from the rebate. Just set the price cap to $80K across the board regardless of vehicle type, FFS.

Would the MiC LFP batteries in the base Model 3 even qualify for the full rebate?
From what I’m reading it sounds like the base model might not qualify due to the batteries being from China but I’m not sure. I agree it seems like the bill was designed to screw the model 3 specifically… hopefully the $55k limit on cars will change before it becomes law I can’t see any reason to have a $25k higher limit for less efficient trucks and suv vs more efficient sedans and coupes… most people drive alone on the majority of trips anyway.

Reactions: pipestem