Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When was TACC Speed setting fixed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For a long time now I have had my car alert me to when I am driving 4 mph over the speed limit. Meanwhile whenever I turned on TACC and was not driving at the speed limit the car automatically accelerated to this speed, meaning that switching it on was always accompanied by frantic scroll-wheel scrolling by me to bring the speed down to where I was when I turned it on (this was not however necessary in Tow Mode). I could never understand why Tesla had never fixed this feature, or at least allowed me to select a preference.

However after turning off the speed alert because I was getting it all the time in France (where Tesla's speed limit detection seems to be wrong 50% of the time) I noticed that TACC was finally working how I wanted it to, setting it to my current speed!

So has this been the case for months already, but only when speed limit warnings are turned off?

Reactions: techlogik
No change, the car still accelerates to the detected speed limit.

However, if I program a +4 kph offset before I turn the warnings off, it will remain active, so the car will accelerate to 84 kph where the speed limit is 80 kph. What I find a bit odd is that the offset is grayed out once you disable the speed warnings, yet the offset is still active. Why would it be impossible to change the offset without the speed warning being active? Obviously there is an easy workaround, but this dependence still doesn't make sense to me.

This thread confuses me a bit. My take is that there is a limit as to how fast you can set the cruise control. If the speed limit is 70 MPH (the maximum here in Ohio) does that mean that I can't set the cruise control to, say 90 MPH?

I'm asking hypothetically; no way would I ever do that. I'm just curious.