Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When were you last at a gas station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here I am filling up my Tesla:

IMG_2590.JPG

Okay, maybe not the Tesla...

IMG_2592.JPG

This is why I need gasoline. Here's our team's ice racer. It was bought off an 80 year old lady who was retiring from driving. Cost $350. Plus $450 for tires.

attachment.jpg

This is the same car after two ice races:

attachment.jpg

That's why we don't drive the Tesla.

Here's our team's ice racer. It was bought off an 80 year old lady who was retiring from driving. Cost $350. Plus $450 for tires.
Normally I'm not a fan of people "pimping" their cars with glitzy modifications that are worth more than the cost of the base vehicle. In the cast of this one though, I don't consider tires a "glitzy" modification. ;)

March 2009 was my last gas station visit - for my car, anyway. September 2009 was my wife's last visit. Sure don't miss that.

At some point over the past few years, I did fill up my son's car (a plug-in hybrid) once. And two rental cars, one in LA and one in Hawaii.

Hey Chad, fantastic. Even a little envy.
In that amount of time how many gallons of gas do you figure you've offset? Assuming the ICE car's MPG you had before.

Well, I think we've put on about 83,000 electric miles since then. Note that we had the most efficient gas cars possible (Honda Insight and Prius PHEV conversion) so gas savings aren't nearly as dramatic as they could be - but MAN have we had a lot more fun driving. And we've been able to carry so much more in the Model S. Even the Roadster is a better road trip car than the Insight.

We have probably saved about 1,383 gallons, or say roughly $4,850. Actually probably more than that, as I doubt my wife would have stuck with the Prius this long.

If we had driven comparable gas vehicles instead, it would have been more like 4,813 gallons, close to $17k.

One week ago filling up a rental car. I'd almost forgotten how to do it! :wink: Apart from the occasional visit to a gas station for snacks or toilet stops, actual gas filling, previously was for my Hyundai Elantra in early December last year. The lease is up in June. No more ICE for me..yay!