Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When (what % of charge) does charging restart, if it all?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RayK

Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
Left my car charging overnight using the UMC plugged into a 120V outlet; 5 miles per hour charge rate. The charging stopped at my preassigned limit (90%) around 2AM. Due to the assumed vampire drain, the car has lost 4 miles of range since. My question: when does charging resume, if it does at all, when there's no slider adjustment for setting a minimum state of charge? Is there a set default % limit (that appears to be unchangable), or is it a certain amount of loss from the maximum that causes the recharging to restart?

Left my car charging overnight using the UMC plugged into a 120V outlet; 5 miles per hour charge rate. The charging stopped at my preassigned limit (90%) around 2AM. Due to the assumed vampire drain, the car has lost 4 miles of range since. My question: when does charging resume, if it does at all, when there's no slider adjustment for setting a minimum state of charge? Is there a set default % limit (that appears to be unchangable), or is it a certain amount of loss from the maximum that causes the recharging to restart?
On my car I schedule charging to start at 11:30PM to take advantage of off peak hours. So I'm assuming that each time the clock reach 11:30PM it'll charge till it hits the limit I set. Not sure what happens if you don't set a time for it to start. I would think that it will resume but not sure at what level it'll start charging again.