Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When & Where? Your Model 3 In-Store Reservation Plans..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure the mall will be open early on 3/31? I dug around for a while on Google, and found several sources saying the mall opens early (8am) only on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. 3/31 falls on a Thursday. It may not open until 9:30am. I'm planning to be there just before then.

If you ask the Tesla store folks they say they have heard as early as 6am. Info desk at the mall said 8am. Whatever they have done at mall in the past may change anyways for the special day. I will be there early, hang out and hope to be first or second in line. Not asking for much.

This article states: You can order one of two ways -- on Tesla's website, or in person at a Tesla store. Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn told us that online reservations open up at 8:30 p.m. Pacific on March 31, and in-person reservations start earlier that day, at 10 a.m. Pacific.
Not sure where they got that from but if true means we down under can order online on the 1st April at 2:30pm which is 8:30pm Pacific.

Here's how you can order a Tesla Model 3 - Roadshow

There are two Tysons locations. One is a Gallery the other is a Store+Service Center. I tried calling the gallery but no one answered. The store did, they said reservations at 1. Luckily they are like 10 minutes away from each other.

I was at the Tysons Gallery in the mall yesterday and the Tesla Rep. told me both locations (Gallery & Store/Service Center) would be accepting reservations at 1. I'm assuming very few non-owners know about the Service Center, so I'll be going there to reserve on the 31st.

Reactions: diamond.g
I just realized we'll be on a road trip on the 31st. I mean, I knew that, but we usually stop at the superchargers at Paramus NJ around lunchtime and the implications of doing this on the 31st just hit me. I doubt we'll be able to stay there long enough to make a deposit, but I really hope we won't have to wait for a supercharger, since we're going BOS->DC. I think we'll be testing the online reservation system.

I'm assuming very few non-owners know about the Service Center, so I'll be going there to reserve on the 31st.

Yeah, I'm thinking that as well - less exposure and there's two mall stores nearby to absorb more people. Also, maybe more employees/computers to order from, so things might move more smoothly. I had actually first assumed only the store would take reservations based on the Tweet that said "stores" instead of just "locations", so I went to Telsas's site and found the service (non gallery) location; but I didn't think a lot of people will make that mistaken assumption.

Plus, if I get there early, there's no stress about which mall entrance they open first. I picture people literally racing to the mall stores.

I'm showing up at the Cleveland, OH store at about 10:30 AM. I was there to test drive the Model S over the weekend (big mistake.. now I'm obsessed.) They said they're expecting a crowd and will close the store at noon, then re-open at 1 PM, and start taking deposits.

Have some vacation time to use, so taking Thursday off and heading to the Houston Galleria "gallery" to pre-order. I don't have to be first-first in line so not looking to get there absurdly early but tentatively aiming for 10am or so (after the bad Houston traffic around 610 has died out)