Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 3rd row option be available to order again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think Tesla needs to change anything with the suspension. No adult is going to be sitting back there. Even in the 3rd row of my X, it’s already small for an adult to sit back there for long.
Model Y payload is 886lbs. Assuming 2 children = 1 adult, 6 average weight males is 6 x 191lbs = 1146lbs
Well over weight limit. And that’s without any cargo

Model Y payload is 886lbs. Assuming 2 children = 1 adult, 6 average weight males is 6 x 191lbs = 1146lbs
Well over weight limit. And that’s without any cargo

LoL!!! The Y is not the right car to be packing in 5 adults + 2 kids (+ some cargo). And all dudes? Who and where are you driving all these people?

The X and even a minivan would be feeling very cozy with that many bodies.

Then why buy a 7 seater. Even 4 + 2 would be over the weight limit
It’s a crap weight capacity

I honestly don’t know.
I’ve never advocated for the 7-seat option with the Y.

What is the chance or frequency that someone with a model Y will have 4 male adults + 2 kids as was mentioned above for exercise? Close to nil.

In the most occupied state, I think the vast majority of model Y owners will have 2 adults and 2 children. It’s likely a single occupancy commuter car for most of the time for majority of buyers.

The Y will rarely replace a larger family SUV or minivan IMO, especially given the general appetite of American car buyers. I’m certain there are many who will buy the Y as the “larger” family car, but I think those are in the minority. We, personally, wouldn’t ever get a Y to replace our X. But, we would certainly replace the 3 with a Y (when the time comes). No questions or hesitations with a Y for the 3.

Found this photo on Instagram. Glad I didn't wait to order a 3rd row

Attachments

• 7958FAB8-926B-47FC-9441-DD21606244EE.png
    7958FAB8-926B-47FC-9441-DD21606244EE.png
    925.7 KB · Views: 60