Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only information we have to go on is that people who accepted the offer to upgrade to SAS were told repeatedly to expect a July delivery. No 75Ds have been assigned VINs yet (a few 75Ds show VINs in modelxtracker.com, but they downgraded from 90D after being assigned VINs).

In order to deliver in July, one would expect production to start before June

I was told on Friday, May 6 that 75Ds would start production two weeks from then. I pressed the person I spoke with and they seemed confident in their information. Still, I did not actually think it would be within two weeks but I did take it as a good sign that 75Ds will start soon. Given the consistent feedback from Tesla of July deliveries, and assuming they are off by a month, I guess we will see VINs assigned and production started within a few weeks.

It may not mean much, but I just noticed a new MVPA generated today in the docs list on MyTesla that shows 6/30/2016 estimated delivery date. Any other 75D reservation orders see that? It may have been generated simply because the SAS air option was formally added last night to all of our Spec sheets who took the deal in the last couple weeks. Let the tea leaf reading continue.

It may not mean much, but I just noticed a new MVPA generated today in the docs list on MyTesla that shows 6/30/2016 estimated delivery date. Any other 75D reservation orders see that? It may have been generated simply because the SAS air option was formally added last night to all of our Spec sheets who took the deal in the last couple weeks. Let the tea leaf reading continue.

For what it's worth, the details page for me has updated but the MVPA has not. (Doesn't show the addition of Air)

I was just going to comment to see if you meant Order agreement. @Oloron I noticed you are also in Boston. Did you see my comment on the other forum with info about Boston deliveries. It's the comment from Saturday at 7:49pm at the link below. Let us keep in touch when either of us get new information so that we will both be fully up to date.

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

I did - thanks for the info! Since we're both in Boston with 75's, I'm guessing our deliveries will be in the same train ( or truck or whatever they end up using). Hoping for the quicker 10 day option!

I'd meant to reply to your comment, but was on mobile at the time and then things got busy. :)

One other detail on your comment about transport options I'd add is that assuming the Dedham rep was talking about the the 10 day vs 20 day transport options for Boston, those options are likely city specific. (I.e. Not necessarily accurate for all of the east coast). We do some rail shipments at work and without boring people, rail can be cheap and quick but is complicated. (e.g. is there a direct rail line? does Tesla have a leased rail car leaving at the right time? etc.). Here's hoping they have a rail car ready to go as soon as ours roll off the line. :)

Actually no, I have an Order Agreement from my 3/14/2016 order confirmation, and then a separate Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement dated 5/5 when my DS offered to generate one for me, and now a new Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (2) document generated without known cause sometime today.

Ahh interesting - the title of my Order Agreement is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement". Never occurred to me there would be another thing with the same title.

I confirmed on Jan 26 and I still don't have any updates in MyTesla (no SAS or estimated delivery date) :(
@jason1466 - But I'm super excited that your delivery date is in JUNE!!! That's awesome! It gives me some hope that since I'm in Cali and confirmed almost 2 months ahead of you, that maybe my X will come soon too.

Ahh interesting - the title of my Order Agreement is "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement". Never occurred to me there would be another thing with the same title.
Interesting, it never occurred to me that both documents have the same page 1 format as you noticed, but page 2 of my MVPA is titled "MVPA and Invoice" with payment instructions on page 3. It's the invoice that has a box for "Vehicle to be delivered on or about."

But I'm super excited that your delivery date is in JUNE!!!
While I would like to believe it, I am thinking the date is just an old bad estimate. However, I reached out to my DS to see if he knows if anything is actually happening, and will update if I hear anything. My bet is you will have your car weeks before mine due to order date and West coast vs East coast.

Reactions: mlouie23
While I would like to believe it, I am thinking the date is just an old bad estimate. However, I reached out to my DS to see if he knows if anything is actually happening, and will update if I hear anything. My bet is you will have your car weeks before mine due to order date and West coast vs East coast.
I reached out and just got an email from my DS and for the first time said to expect Late July, Early August. While disappointing, this seems to line up better based on everyone's 90D orders.
Interesting though that your docs were just recently updated - that's a good sign. Because there's no chance of hitting Q2, perhaps they're prioritizing East Coast for Q3 numbers. If only we had access to a Tesla Project Mgr :)

My DS just emailed me this morning saying: "Your vehicle has been sequenced for production, and will start within the first two weeks of July; Which is a great sign!"

If this schedule holds true, when do you guys speculate delivery? 1st week in August? I live 20 minutes from the factory.

Last edited:
My DS just emailed me this morning saying: "Your vehicle has been sequenced for production, and will start within the first two weeks of July; Which is a great sign!"

If this schedule holds true, when do you guys speculate delivery? 1st week in August? I live 20 minutes from the factory.

I think it takes about a month to deliver, which means 2nd week of August, did you upgrade to SAS? I thought they promised July deliver, like they've been doing.

Reactions: mlouie23