Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of last week there were two Model X in China being for promotional purposes, on display only, plus the ones flown over for testing by the safety authorities. Maybe this is all about to change but and there are ships full of Model X currently on their way/or unloading but I have no evidence of that.

I had a friend swing by the facility where they hold the shipments of Teslas in Shenzhen before distribution/delivery and no model X to be seen.

This is turning me into some kind of sick Tesla stalker, it is not healthy, I really do have a life and a busy one at that...honestly!

I totally get it - all I've done is obsessively refresh the forums, mytesla, and extrapolate based on VINs since we placed our order.

Reactions: Festerfeet and ssq
Ok, going to change my question to any 75 owners who have their cars in production. How long from getting your vin till it went into production. Someone said two weeks, just wondering if that is close.

2 weeks was fairly close for me. Got a VIN at the end of May and car went into production around the 13th/14th of June. DS currently projecting delivery at the very end of June or early July.

90xx mine entered production, got email today. Should be receiving it end of June early July. Maybe even before the 4th which would be amazing!

White, 6 seats, sas, tan leather.

Mine is 90xx as well, pearl white, sas with PUP, but an email from my DS says possible mid-Aug delivery... This is consistent with the other thread where some have quoted a delay of more than a month for 75D orders. Not sure why this inconsistency, or why mine got pushed down!!!

Congrats! Did your DS email you or was it an automated email from Tesla about status updates, I assume its the former. Also, are you in California?
Ds emailed me. I'm in la.

To the other guy might be due to pearl white as its not as popular so harder to run large batch. For production line if they can spray 100 whites in a row or 100 blacks it'll bring their numbers up. Cause for pearl it's multi coat so more paint time and 2nd less qty so the turnaround time is longer to switch from color to color as they would need to clean and swap all the paint hose lines etc.

Ok we are 40 or so VINs apart.. this is reassuring and after such a long wait I have a mental block not letting me assimilate the X could be home in two weeks if Tesla keeps their promise...

90xx mine entered production, got email today. Should be receiving it end of June early July. Maybe even before the 4th which would be amazing!

White, 6 seats, sas, tan leather.

I've gotta say...I'm a bit jealous....VIN 87XX and my production was pushed back from June 27th to Aug 1 :(

My DS said the delays are primarily the 5-seat configs and then those without SAS. They took a week break on X production to do some re-tooling and tweaking on the initial X's bugs, but they are coming off the line amazing now. She said about two weeks to move through production then shipment can take from 3-7 days...

She said ours may enter production a week early (next week)...that sounds great! Only thing is, we have vacation planned and may not be here to take delivery!!! Arghhh....what to do...what to do... send hubby and the kids on vacation while I take delivery and get to know Buster better!

• Informative
Reactions: ssq and halg