Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it takes about a month to deliver, which means 2nd week of August, did you upgrade to SAS? I thought they promised July deliver, like they've been doing.
Yups, I upgraded SAS and since I think I'm on the earlier side of confirmations (1/26) I thought I'd get July too.
At this point, I don't think I can really demand or squeeze anymore time out of them. I just have to trust they'll get to me as soon as possible.
I was hoping for delivery in 1st week in July, but if they're not pumping out 700+ Xs a week, 1st week of August it is.
Thx for chiming in on the estimate @halg !

Heard from my DS today that my MX will go into production on 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery.

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero | Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

Heard from my DS today that my MX will go into production on 6/20 with mid July to early August delivery.

Model X 75D | Black | 20" Silver | 6 Tan Leather seats | Light Headliner | Matte Obeche | AutoPilot | Accessory Hitch | SAS | Subzero | Reserved 2016/02/29 | Ordered 2016/03/10 | Confirmed 2016/03/18 | SAS 2016/05/12 | VIN 08835 Assigned 2016/05/24

My DS just told me "estimated production date of late June".

My VIN is pretty close to yours, mine is 8824.

Just heard from my DS about my 75D with the discounted SAS upgrade. He said they are shooting for a mid-to-late JUNE factory delivery. I confirmed that he said June, not July.
Personally I do not think the DS people have any info on what is going on. I have always had a loaded 75D confirmed January and no vin and my DS says they are going to start production on the 75's soon, whatever that means.

My DS emailed today advising a late june to early july delivery

Just heard from my DS about my 75D with the discounted SAS upgrade. He said they are shooting for a mid-to-late JUNE factory delivery. I confirmed that he said June, not July.

I've been suspecting that they might try to cram in factory-delivered 75Ds before the end of quarter. They have usually been pulling forward local orders after it becomes too late to produce and deliver orders for people farther out.

I just heard from my DS. I was told production for my Model X should begin in the next couple of weeks. I should expect a late June to July delivery. I live in Denver, reserved Nov 2012, ordered 70D on 12/1/15, upgraded to SAS on 5/09, and received VIN of 866X among the first group of 75Ds.

I was told production for my Model X should begin in the next couple of weeks.
If true, then my theory is they are pulling in according to original confirmation date in general, and VIN is fairly meaningless at the moment. I am sure end of quarter logistical games will still be played, but it seems order date trumps vehicle config/price going forward (assume this is how it is for MS?). Still no way to know when 5 seaters will go, but good news for them is that when ready, they should slip right in front of the line of new orders, if this theory is correct, of course.