Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Tuesday 6/7, my DS told me my car entered preduction that day with an expected delivery date of June or early July. I reserved a 70D in November 2012, confirmed on 12/1/15, and upgraded to SAS on 5/7.

TGibson, any news from your DS? My understanding is that production normally takes about 3 days, so if you started production on the 7th, your car should be well into QA now. What does your MyTesla say? Does it indicate that you've begun production, or does it still say that you're in the queue but nothing more?

TGibson, any news from your DS? My understanding is that production normally takes about 3 days, so if you started production on the 7th, your car should be well into QA now. What does your MyTesla say? Does it indicate that you've begun production, or does it still say that you're in the queue but nothing more?
I emailed my DS first thing this morning for an update about trade in and where my car was in production. He is normally good about replying but has not yet replied. He mentioned being out this weekend so maybe he's out today too. My Tesla still shows my car as "Ordered" and in production queue. I'll post here when I hear back from DS.

Fixed spoiler, vin 8xxx...

Attachments

• 1465877031221-1317296071.jpg
    1465877031221-1317296071.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 90
Well I'm 85XX and I haven't heard anything from my DS about when my 75D will be produced so presumably it's an earlier VIN then mine.

Probably important to remember that Tesla only roughly produces in order of VIN. Given the other reasons they might have to batch things (different 75D configurations, geography, etc.), some VIN's will almost certainly be produced out of order.

I received the following from my DS late last night.

In other great news, it looks like your Model X is wrapping up its final assembly and inspections at the factory prior to shipping to Denver! Delivery is likely to occur as early as next week (barring the unforeseen). I’ll be sure to keep you posted with more details as they are made available.

I emailed my DS first thing this morning for an update about trade in and where my car was in production. He is normally good about replying but has not yet replied. He mentioned being out this weekend so maybe he's out today too. My Tesla still shows my car as "Ordered" and in production queue. I'll post here when I hear back from DS.

Mine actually says the same thing... and i got an email yesterday saying something to the effect of september....

Nooooooo... I mean YESSSS !!
Can you share one more digit on 8YXX. Every digit counts and makes the wait better. I am 91XX, so if you reply 89XX I won't be able to sleep tonight.

My neighbor (VIN is 87xx) says they are to take delivery of their X75D at the end of this week. They reserved several years ago, configured in December, and upgraded to SAS in May.

• Informative
Reactions: mlouie23 and ssq