Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After perhaps the fastest production ever, we are taking factory delivery of our 75d on Monday 6/20... vin 95xx!
Our pre-production may have been accelerated by Tesla to make up for our first X that was in QA at the factory for 3 months. They may also have accelerated our car ahead of a stack of overseas vins due to the potential for q2 delivery.
Hence our car may not be similar to others of similar vins
I was told last week that our 90D which was originally scheduled to go into production in mid-May had been significantly delayed so that Tesl could focus on the 75D in the US.

To be honest I understand as a lot of those were much easier reservations than ours even if they could not be ordered at that stage. Also unsurprising as a delivery in Q2 in China from a mid-May build seemed unachievable.

I am hoping it will turn up in Q3 but no-one in Tesla China that I can contact seems to be able to give me any clarity. Maybe I should just manage my expectations better.

I have the standard 20 inch silver wheels, with the following options:

midnight silver
tan leather
7 seat
autopilot
premium upgrades package
smart air suspension

Has your DS contacted you yet with any kind of timeline? I got an email first week of June that I could expect my X by the end of the month.

I got:
Midnight Sliver
7 seater
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Accessory Hitch

Has your DS contacted you yet with any kind of timeline? I got an email first week of June that I could expect my X by the end of the month.

yes, they did contact me early this month and I am now deciding between Leasing and Tesla Lending -- yes I know the interest will be higher if I go with Tesla Lending, but I like the assurance that if something goes terribly wrong on this car (I mean on a global scale, not on my vehicle), I have the last option to get $47300 out of this $100K car.

So far the experience working with them is NOT pleasant, I probably had typed three thousand words on my FB to shared several irritating stories, but I don't want to repeat it here. I feel those employees in financing department are not trained well enough to do the only thing they do. That made me NOT like to contract them and ask for anything (I've sent a couple emails with a total of ~10 questions which are not only well organized, but even itemized, they replied to each email told me something else and never bother to answer my question directly???)

My thought is -- If there is update, they would let me know; If there isn't, asking them once everyday is not going to accelerate anything, and their replies would just make me more upset.

What I was surprised and did not understand is why those people having higher VIN than mine, in areas farther to Fremont than me, already have a confirmed delivery date and I have not?

I was told last week that our 90D which was originally scheduled to go into production in mid-May had been significantly delayed so that Tesl could focus on the 75D in the US.

To be honest I understand as a lot of those were much easier reservations than ours even if they could not be ordered at that stage. Also unsurprising as a delivery in Q2 in China from a mid-May build seemed unachievable.

I am hoping it will turn up in Q3 but no-one in Tesla China that I can contact seems to be able to give me any clarity. Maybe I should just manage my expectations better.

Something doesn't lineup - Tesla announced they were starting deliveries in China this month. Unless they're just delivering a handful of signatures to stoke demand, feels weird to be delayed until end of year.

@Sigsegv that's awesome news! 2 weeks isn't too bad all things considered. I'm wondering though, could you say what your other options are? (like white seats, premium package, color etc?) I'm just wondering because I have VIN 880X and my DS has been unresponsive. People have said that they follow VINs somewhat but can batch cars more often by configuration. Thanks!

trust me tesla page will stay in production queque as they hardly update that. Only ds will update you via email. Last time when I picked up my Model s in 2012 and still in 2013 it says car is ready to be picked up and I been driving for over a year!

• Informative
Reactions: halg
so after an ... "interesting" phone call .. i think I might be canceling my order... between how i was treated by my 1st two sales people and the outright lies i was told im starting to get disillusioned by the whole process they may make wonderful cars, but there people skills leave something to be desired..

yes, they did contact me early this month and I am now deciding between Leasing and Tesla Lending -- yes I know the interest will be higher if I go with Tesla Lending, but I like the assurance that if something goes terribly wrong on this car (I mean on a global scale, not on my vehicle), I have the last option to get $47300 out of this $100K car.

So far the experience working with them is NOT pleasant, I probably had typed three thousand words on my FB to shared several irritating stories, but I don't want to repeat it here. I feel those employees in financing department are not trained well enough to do the only thing they do. That made me NOT like to contract them and ask for anything (I've sent a couple emails with a total of ~10 questions which are not only well organized, but even itemized, they replied to each email told me something else and never bother to answer my question directly???)

My thought is -- If there is update, they would let me know; If there isn't, asking them once everyday is not going to accelerate anything, and their replies would just make me more upset.

What I was surprised and did not understand is why those people having higher VIN than mine, in areas farther to Fremont than me, already have a confirmed delivery date and I have not?
I'm assuming they put factory/CA deliveries on the back burner because those transactions are easier to complete.

The original plan was probably to maximize Q2 deliveries with the bulk taking place in the last week or two of the month. With the ramp in production, it makes sense that cars are being delivered out of sequence rather than 2000 deliveries taking place in the span of a few days.

so after an ... "interesting" phone call .. i think I might be canceling my order... between how i was treated by my 1st two sales people and the outright lies i was told im starting to get disillusioned by the whole process they may make wonderful cars, but there people skills leave something to be desired..
Can you share more about the information you received in your phone call?

Something doesn't lineup - Tesla announced they were starting deliveries in China this month. Unless they're just delivering a handful of signatures to stoke demand, feels weird to be delayed until end of year.
As of last week there were two Model X in China being for promotional purposes, on display only, plus the ones flown over for testing by the safety authorities. Maybe this is all about to change but and there are ships full of Model X currently on their way/or unloading but I have no evidence of that.

I had a friend swing by the facility where they hold the shipments of Teslas in Shenzhen before distribution/delivery and no model X to be seen.

This is turning me into some kind of sick Tesla stalker, it is not healthy, I really do have a life and a busy one at that...honestly!