Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A neighbor of mine (a few houses up the street from me) just took delivery of a 75D, 6 seat configuration. Last time I talked to him, about a month ago, he said he was considering ordering an X for his wife. So his time from order to delivery was less than 4 weeks. There are now 4Teslas on my block, and at least 4 others within a 1/2 mile. And by local standards I definitely do not live in an upscale neighborhood.

Reactions: ssq
A neighbor of mine (a few houses up the street from me) just took delivery of a 75D, 6 seat configuration. Last time I talked to him, about a month ago, he said he was considering ordering an X for his wife. So his time from order to delivery was less than 4 weeks. There are now 4Teslas on my block, and at least 4 others within a 1/2 mile. And by local standards I definitely do not live in an upscale neighborhood.
Amazed to hear of the order to delivery timeline.. lucky neighbor of yours. Most of us poor souls have greyed out and grown beards waiting for our Xs..

I reserved my 75D, 6 seat, SAS, PUP, Sound, 20" in late February, confirmed 3/4. Just heard from my DS today that no VIN assigned, production not scheduled yet, and anticipate September delivery. I'm not in a huge rush, but it is a little frustrating that the timing of reservations and confirmations seem to have no bearing on production & delivery scheduling.

Whoooooooa. What magic is this?! Either your config just happened to exactly match someone who cancelled after already in production, or somehow you were the only candidate vehicle Tesla could squeeze into a gap and get delivery by EOQ.
I too think he got a cancelled slot which happened to be an exact match. Else no way one could get an X that quick, that too a 75D!!

I too think he got a cancelled slot which happened to be an exact match. Else no way one could get an X that quick, that too a 75D!!

It was possibly a cancelled slot... although obviously not the vin of a cancelled slot.
Tesla did, however, try to have my X jump the queue after the issues with my Signature X, as a goodwill measure.
Having factory delivery and no time in QA also helped a lot. It was just 2 days from "your car has just hit the first stages of production" to "your car is finished".

Reactions: ssq
Hi everyone My first post to Tesla Motors Club.

Here is the response I received from my DS today regarding 75D Delivery.
75D | Pearl White | 6 seat | SAS | Tow Package

"We are still planning for production to begin in July and I expect that we’ll be able to plan for a late July delivery timeframe. Each vehicle is unique, so VIN does not correlate directly to timing as we group production for maximum efficiency. Rest assured, we are just as excited to get you behind the wheel!"

de

"We are still planning for production to begin in July and I expect that we’ll be able to plan for a late July delivery timeframe. Each vehicle is unique, so VIN does not correlate directly to timing as we group production for maximum efficiency. Rest assured, we are just as excited to get you behind the wheel!"
details please? res date, conf date, vin

Welcome Priyank! You would love it here@TMC.
I would advise adding relevant info like date reserved, confirmed, VIN assigned etc along with the config you posted to your Signature like most of us have.

Welcome Priyank! You would love it here@TMC.
I would advise adding relevant info like date reserved, confirmed, VIN assigned etc along with the config you posted to your Signature like most of us have.
Thanks ssq. I tried adding signature but I don't see any options in my profile.

de

details please? res date, conf date, vin

Here is my info:
VIN 9045, 75d, Pearl White, 6 seat, SAS + towing upgrade
Reserved 11/2015 | Ordered 01/30/2016

Thanks ssq. I tried adding signature but I don't see any options in my profile.

Here is my info:
VIN 9045, 75d, Pearl White, 6 seat, SAS + towing upgrade
Reserved 11/2015 | Ordered 01/30/2016

Welcome, Priyank! Both of our configs are very similar, my VIN is 90xx, and have not entered production yet. My DS says it may be a Mid-August delivery, so I guess your DS is a bit more optimistic! I believe what may be setting us apart is the Pearl White exterior.. (some other guy had mentioned this in a different forum). There is a Q2 push going on now, and Pearl White requires multiple level of coating, which Tesla is unwilling to take on for this push I believe. I hope we don't get slotted into the Q3 push time frame, which will be very disappointing!

Welcome, Priyank! Both of our configs are very similar, my VIN is 90xx, and have not entered production yet. My DS says it may be a Mid-August delivery, so I guess your DS is a bit more optimistic! I believe what may be setting us apart is the Pearl White exterior.. (some other guy had mentioned this in a different forum). There is a Q2 push going on now, and Pearl White requires multiple level of coating, which Tesla is unwilling to take on for this push I believe. I hope we don't get slotted into the Q3 push time frame, which will be very disappointing!

I hope it doesn't get pushed further. The whole reason I went for SAS upgrade was, so that I can get July delivery. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I am confirmed to pick up my 75D tomorrow (Friday 6/24) at 9:00 am in Denver, CO. Details below.

Reserved - November 2012
Reservation Number - 1,900 range
Ordered - 12/1/15
Confirmed - 12/4/15
SAS Upgrade - 5/7/16
Entered Production - 6/7/16
Production/ QC Timeline - Seemed be about one week.
Shipping Time to Denver - Seemed to be 3-4 days.
Configuration - 75D, 7-seater, SAS, autopilot, black leather, midnight silver, black headliner, matte obeche, accessory hitch.

Reactions: mlouie23
SO very happy for you @Tgibson! Please post some photos and overall reviews? So we can live vicariously through you lol.

So it does seem like (with a few lucky exceptions) that pre-2015 MX75D orders with SAS and 6/7 seat configs are getting (or have been) delivered!

So far, I'm holding the line, as I really do prefer mine to only have 5 seats... :(

Reactions: beths11