Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will 75D's start production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just one data point, but I ordered on Apr 18 when the Design Studio showed a June delivery. I have no VIN and am being told early September delivery (maybe). 75D, 6 seat, SAS, tow, cold wx is the config.

My confirmation was a week or two before this and I'm being quoted the same exact timeframe. Production in early August, east coast delivery late August/early September. 75D, 6 seats, SAS, acc hitch, no PUP.

Maybe we are just taking one for the team... Forbes is reporting that 75Ds launch in China on July 2. This may be the focus of the June and July production. Tesla Model X 75D To Launch In China In July
The thing is that those 75D people in China probably confirmed their orders in Dec-Feb. They've been waiting a long time so I suppose it makes sense for Tesla to start filling their orders.

The thing is that those 75D people in China probably confirmed their orders in Dec-Feb. They've been waiting a long time so I suppose it makes sense for Tesla to start filling their orders.

I think the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most is that 2 weeks *after* I confirmed Tesla's configurator was still estimating "June" delivery for brand-new 75D orders. Just be honest with folks up front.

I mentally prepared myself for the longer wait when I downgraded my 90D order to 75D. If we'd both stayed with the 90Ds we would have most likely been driving them already. But honestly the $13.75k price difference was worth the additional wait for me. Still waiting, lurking TMC forums daily, you know how it goes...

I think the thing that rubs me the wrong way the most is that 2 weeks *after* I confirmed Tesla's configurator was still estimating "June" delivery for brand-new 75D orders. Just be honest with folks up front.

Agree. Look, how hard can it be to accurately estimate delivery? I actually made a decision to purchase a more expensive car (6 seats/SAS) to get a July rather than September delivery (according to the design center). Now it looks like I may get September anyway. So, it's not just poor estimating, it's actually a representation (I don't want to say misrepresentation) upon which people are basing decisions and spending money. Under promise and over deliver.

Reactions: dropd
I got my final MVPA last week and noticed that it says 50 miles on the odometer. Is that high? Should I be worried it's so high? I've seen reports of odometer readings under 10 miles. My pick up is at the Fremont factory for my MX75. Surely they didn't need to drive it 50 miles from the end of the production line to where I'm going to pick it up.

I got my final MVPA last week and noticed that it says 50 miles on the odometer. Is that high? Should I be worried it's so high? I've seen reports of odometer readings under 10 miles. My pick up is at the Fremont factory for my MX75. Surely they didn't need to drive it 50 miles from the end of the production line to where I'm going to pick it up.
My MVPA said 50; it actually had 14 at delivery. I think most people get 50 as an "estimate".

Been refreshing MyTesla page almost every day for 2+ years now.... finally, VIN 141XX assigned today (7/6/2016).
I've been there. My delivery is scheduled for this Friday so I'm so excited. Learn from my mistake: Don't bother checking your myTesla page or source code after the VIN is issued. I've checked like 15 times a day even since I got the VIN and nothing changes. Your MVPA will show up eventually but my DS emailed it to me long before it showed up on myTesla so all the anticipation was worthless :)

Reactions: wang5150
I ordered a MX 75D 5 Seat in Atlanta. Reserved June 2015. Confirmed January 2016. No Trade cash. DS says September to December. I am a bit ticked off that they hold my 5 k for over a year and it means nothing. I could order a more expensive MX today and get it sooner. I guess it is all about money and no consideration for customer satisfaction.

I ordered a MX 75D 5 Seat in Atlanta. Reserved June 2015. Confirmed January 2016. No Trade cash. DS says September to December. I am a bit ticked off that they hold my 5 k for over a year and it means nothing. I could order a more expensive MX today and get it sooner. I guess it is all about money and no consideration for customer satisfaction.
I am in a similar position. I would not be as unhappy if Tesla had been honest about deliveries of 5 seat X's from the start. I was told "mid-year" when I confirmed. Had I known "4th quarter" I would have held off confirming as I am out of state during the winter.

Reactions: Scoopup