TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will all '16 MX 90D warranty's expire?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by seantay00, Nov 26, 2019.

1. seantay00

seantay00 Member

As we close in on year end, can anyone comment on remaining warranties on '16 MX 90D. Is the warranty 4 years from the date on door? So if I purchase Dec 30 '16... my warranty will expire Dec 30 '20? So essentially assuming it's under 50K mileage... I'd still have a full year?

2. KingRaptor

KingRaptor Member

Usually (at least for other luxury car brands) warranty starts on date of first delivery or initial miles at delivery. So for Model X, following that logic, it would be date of first delivery + 48 months or mileage on initial delivery + 50K miles whichever comes first.

• Like x 2
  3. seantay00

seantay00 Member

How does one know the date of first delivery? I suppose you can assume it's some time after the manufacture date on the door.

4. KingRaptor

KingRaptor Member

Yes, definitely after the Month/Year printed on the door sticker but it could be several months after the printed date. My X90D was manufactured in 10/2016 but delivered in late December.

5. Yoitskenn

Yoitskenn Member

Try checking the month’s registration sticker on the license plate

• Like x 1
  6. seantay00

seantay00 Member

So it's likely we'll start to see a very large flood to the market of private sale '16s with expired warranties soon. All the early year buys will start in Jan '20. Will be interesting to see what effect this has on used market, as it will force value difference to CPO.

Sorry- I completely digressed this post away from the vehicle. I'm very interested in the used market and trying to understand some of the market dynamics and timing. Hoping OP gets some good local offers on the vehicle. One of the best advantages to private sale is when you have one local and can see the vehicle. No guessing games like with the CPO.

Blows my mind I can't go to a location in Chicago and see all the CPO's in one spot and pick one based on condition.