Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will all '16 MX 90D warranty's expire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we close in on year end, can anyone comment on remaining warranties on '16 MX 90D. Is the warranty 4 years from the date on door? So if I purchase Dec 30 '16... my warranty will expire Dec 30 '20? So essentially assuming it's under 50K mileage... I'd still have a full year?

Usually (at least for other luxury car brands) warranty starts on date of first delivery or initial miles at delivery. So for Model X, following that logic, it would be date of first delivery + 48 months or mileage on initial delivery + 50K miles whichever comes first.
How does one know the date of first delivery? I suppose you can assume it's some time after the manufacture date on the door.

So it's likely we'll start to see a very large flood to the market of private sale '16s with expired warranties soon. All the early year buys will start in Jan '20. Will be interesting to see what effect this has on used market, as it will force value difference to CPO.

Sorry- I completely digressed this post away from the vehicle. I'm very interested in the used market and trying to understand some of the market dynamics and timing. Hoping OP gets some good local offers on the vehicle. One of the best advantages to private sale is when you have one local and can see the vehicle. No guessing games like with the CPO.

Blows my mind I can't go to a location in Chicago and see all the CPO's in one spot and pick one based on condition.