Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will AU have Autopilot on par with the US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but steering and brakes on tesla are already able to be turned off with software, regardless of your version of AP. Notice how you use these to play games? Further, tesla have twice made updates on my cars without asking first, so if the nanny state says you cant drive then you wont be.
Actually, the Tesla steering wheel is a direct mechanical connection to the wheels, so cannot be disabled in software. When you move the wheel to play games, the wheels still move. Same with the brakes, a direct hydraulic connection but has the ability to also be controlled via computer.

• Informative
Reactions: m4rtin
They already are
I'm not sold that is true or fair. The companies that are creating self driving cars will need to demonstrate to each government the safety and compliance of their features. Tesla is no doubt spending many orders of magnitude more convincing USA regulators than they are on the Australian ones. So the fact that we have less results here isn't really an indication that our government is resisting this change. I think diverless tech is already emerging as demonstrably safer, the only resistance would be from a loss of revenue on speeding fines!