TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will be 3rd batch invitation to Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZooSean, Mar 29, 2018.

1. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I am dying for it. Both owner and non owner who reserved 1st day are now getting the invitation. Next batch may be to people who reserved a bit later. After 1st couple of days reservation, I think there will be not many ppl to reserve.

BTW, I reserved Jan 2017, non owner. Finger crossed.

2. doubeld

doubeld Member

After all the Americans get their shot at a RWD LR PUP.

3. trace

trace Member

Tax credit ($7,500) is almost ending in US and people are speculating Tesla will wait until the start of a quarter to sell the 200,000th car to start the phase out period. With that said I think the Canada invites will continue.

@seanxushen if it follows the US batch trend it should be ~2.5-3 weeks after the last one.

• Like x 1
  4. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I have seen in reddit that another wave of invitation just hit US today. When will be next wave in Canada?

5. kzod

kzod Member

Depends on US situation. They are trying to end this quarter just short of 200k, so a few more may trickle our way. But once the next quarter starts they will be sending every car they can to the states so that the maximum number of people possible can claim the full rebate.

6. Munch

Munch Member

Hasn't the new quarter started? It is April.

7. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Tesla's ultimate goal if possible would be to end THIS quarter (June 30'th) at 199,000 US deliveries and take the 200,000'th into Q3. Max's out the $7500 US tax credit for as many American Model 3 buyers as possible over 2 full quarters.

8. RapTelligence

RapTelligence Member

Nobody knows. They send the invited to practically everyone in Canada who ordered on the first day. Online and Waiting in line. They want to dump some production here to fall under 200,000 US numbers. Most canadians are waiting for AWD and some Onatians are waiting for the car to listed on the rebate list. If they do not have enough biters for the LR/PUP trim then might extend the invitations to more Canadian. They will be playing around with that for sure.

9. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

A friend that lives on my street reserved 3 months later and got his invitation in round 2.

10. Nixx

Nixx Member

Hmm, I was a first day online reservation and I have not received my invitation.

However, I have AWD pre-selected, and I live in Saskatchewan.... maybe that has something to do with it?

11. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

#11 Tony_YYZ, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    A new batch of invites just went out. @seanxushen

Not sure if Canada is included. But worth checking.

12. ebatmobile

ebatmobile Member

Darn nothing for me yet

13. RapTelligence

RapTelligence Member

I suspect many are waiting for the Standrad battery too

14. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Just checked, nothing for me too. Any one from Canada get invited this round?

15. RapTelligence

RapTelligence Member

They are going to be producing on the First Production until the end of June. So they send the invites and then see how many people bite for the First production cars. My guess is they keep sending invites until their First production upto end of June is committed to.

16. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Now model3 listed in Ontario rebate list, Tesla now know who and how many are ordering 1st production. Will they soon send 3rd batch to Canada? Finger crossed.

BTw, looks like US site is pretty busy with new invitation these days.

17. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

You should get one soon if in Ontario. People who reserved in 2017 are getting invites.

18. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Yes, got and ordered. Finger crossed now, for delivery before Ford cancels the rebate

• Like x 1
  19. richyrich

richyrich Member

Get used to the waiting, even once you do get to order. It's now 34 days since I finalized my config and paid. I haven't heard a single thing from Tesla beyond the order confirmation email. Zilch. Pretty weird and stretching my expectations around a "4-8 week" delivery....

20. dc15

dc15 Member

I got mine today

Put my deposit down the first day, and am in PEI.