Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Faster supercharging be available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think 40mpg is fair at all though. If you buy a new 2017 Diesel it will be significantly more efficient. My convertible from 2008 gets 40mpg driving 160kmh with open top on the Autobahn....

This articles lists 10 new diesel vehicles and the best mpg of any of them was 52mpg on a Chevy Cruze diesel. Most of the cars were around 40mpg and the trucks/SUVs were around 30mpg.

Best Diesel Cars | U.S. News & World Report

Reactions: David99
This articles lists 10 new diesel vehicles and the best mpg of any of them was 52mpg on a Chevy Cruze diesel. Most of the cars were around 40mpg and the trucks/SUVs were around 30mpg.

Best Diesel Cars | U.S. News & World Report

i don't know what shitty cars you drive in the US, maybe it is time to upgrade? 30mpg wouldn't even be acceptable for a petrol here. But that is ok I'm driving back to Germany next Sunday and will send you a picture if you remind me.

Even talking about Diesel makes me feel dirty.

right.... Diesel is a much cleaner fuel and I can tell you that it is a much, much more pleasant substance to work with than petrol. Not to mention that it is not poisonous. Given that you are a from a country which is incredibly polluting you should be very careful making such statements. You are not saving the planet by driving a Tesla.

...right.... Diesel is a much cleaner fuel and I can tell you that it is a much, much more pleasant substance to work with than petrol. Not to mention that it is not poisonous. Given that you are a from a country which is incredibly polluting you should be very careful making such statements. You are not saving the planet by driving a Tesla.
I have a different perspective. As a bicycle commuter, since 1978, I've learned to despise diesels. Around here it sometimes seems that every third vehicle is a diesel truck spewing clouds of black smoke and I get to breathe that soot as I slog up a 14% grade and a 300m elevation gain. To me, "clean diesel" is a sick joke. At least I don't live in a city where I have to deal with the nitrogen oxides and ozone of photochemical smog; that makes bicycle riding downright painful and unhealthy — been there, done that.

Perhaps the air is pristine in the UK and all the diesel cars are as well. I wouldn't know. Here, I'd like to see diesel banned for light duty use and leave it to heavy trucks and locomotives, where diesel is needed.