Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will it be possible to get a good used Roadster under $150,000? 12 months after launch?

When will it be possible to get a good used Roaster under $150,000?

• < 4 months

• 4-8 months

• 8-12 months

• 12-18 months

• 18-24 months

• 24-30 months

• 30-36 months

• longer than 3yrs

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really depends on how many they pump out and if any new tech finds its way in them after the first few years causing people to want to upgrade. The Roadster is currently my dream car as well and I am looking at a budget of around 100k. I was planning on savings and pricing lining up @ 2026, but was expecting it to be out this year as well, soooo........ Time will tell!!

Really depends on how many they pump out and if any new tech finds its way in them after the first few years causing people to want to upgrade. The Roadster is currently my dream car as well and I am looking at a budget of around 100k. I was planning on savings and pricing lining up @ 2026, but was expecting it to be out this year as well, soooo........ Time will tell!!

You and I had/have similar expectations on when to be able to buy a gently used Roadster and at what price point. I'd love to be a proud owner when they first come out but 1) I'll let someone else shake out the bugs and kinks and 2) I just can't justify that depreciation hit on a $200k+ car. That's nuts and I don't care what my net worth is I don't see myself being comfortable with $100k evaporating in a few years.

I have no idea but I'd guess until the original orders are delivered. If your budget is 150k might as well invest some in Tesla and then get yourself a new roadster when time comes!

That's already the case :)

getting a 50% discount will definitely take a while... if we look at $200k MSRP cars selling for $100k - Ferrari California 2014, Bentley Continental 2015, and so on. And Teslas don't lose value quickly... you're probably right about 2026 if not for the delay... as for 25% off, it seems to be 2017-2018

Reactions: preilly44
I think Elon has promised to give away more Roadsters than how many of those GTs that were even made :p

In all seriousness though, I hope they make plenty. The more I drive my Model S the more I realize I want the new Roadster!

That's already the case :)

getting a 50% discount will definitely take a while... if we look at $200k MSRP cars selling for $100k - Ferrari California 2014, Bentley Continental 2015, and so on. And Teslas don't lose value quickly... you're probably right about 2026 if not for the delay... as for 25% off, it seems to be 2017-2018
Do you have proof of this? Because I have had 3 model S’s that would disagree with that

A Bugatti slayer for $150,000?

Sign me up.

But I don't see Roadster dropping to that only 12 months after.

It will become one of the most sought out cars ever. It's the end all to gas hyper cars

A nicely optioned original Roadster sold new for $120 -$130K. Today you can pick one up for $50k-$60k. There is no reason to expect that the new car will be any different. I’m sure you’ll be able to add at least $50k in options, So I’d say in ten years you’ll be able to buy a new Roadster for $100k -$150k

So there is a thread where someone is asking about an email they received from Tesla about earning an 18% discount on a Founders Roadster. Then a few more piped in with similar emails. To me this shows that there will be no shortage of cars being made which bodes well for picking a used one up at a significant discount later. What do y'all think?

Thread: 18% off Roadster

So there is a thread where someone is asking about an email they received from Tesla about earning an 18% discount on a Founders Roadster. Then a few more piped in with similar emails. To me this shows that there will be no shortage of cars being made which bodes well for picking a used one up at a significant discount later. What do y'all think?

Thread: 18% off Roadster

I imagine there are quite a few people who qualified for a partial discount, but even with an 18% discount you’re looking at over $200k, and that’s without options. A person would either need to have the cash, or a bank to provide them with a loan. Payments on a loan this size could easily be over $4000 per month, which is going to eliminate a lot of people. I think most of the discounts will go unrewarded except to those that won a car outright.

Reactions: byeLT4