Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Metallic Silver be available again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midnight silver is not really a fad but, in my eyes, the least attractive color available for the 3 - it really looks bland to me. The blue is actually an attractive hue and looks nice in the sunlight but again not a fad as my 25+ year old car in my garage is almost the exact same blue.

Isn't it blatantly obvious metallic silver is the best color? ;)

F86D06C9-B6C5-4443-A165-B76B32900EF2.jpeg
2A4A5A9F-91F7-4B7A-8602-F16CCFD93972.jpeg
I love my metallic silver Model 3. I thought that silver prototype picture was drop dead gorgeous and got to work copying it!

In April 2019 I went M3 shopping, primarily to see what the colors looked like in person. I agree the Midnight Silver looked like just a bland gray car to me. It was a cloudy day, so that didn't help it. Had decided the M3 LR was going to be fine, but when the salesman pulled up inventory cars, there was a Metallic Silver Performance staring at me from his laptop. :eek: Thought about it for a couple of minutes to convince myself that the performance model was worth the upcharge. And though it's not quite a unicorn, it's got to be very close. Mfg in March 2019 as one of the last custom color cars, I have no idea why it ended up in inventory, but now it's ended up in my garage. Still get a few second looks and several comments about the color. So glad I pulled the trigger on it.

I’ve ordered the multi-coat red, and if this silver was available, I would’ve more than likely leaned this way with the white seats and 19s.

Reminds me of my first car, E90 330i. It was a showcase piece as well. Looked exactly like this.

914117ea93b8877b958394f26f6ab06f.jpg

In April 2019 I went M3 shopping, primarily to see what the colors looked like in person. I agree the Midnight Silver looked like just a bland gray car to me. It was a cloudy day, so that didn't help it. Had decided the M3 LR was going to be fine, but when the salesman pulled up inventory cars, there was a Metallic Silver Performance staring at me from his laptop. :eek: Thought about it for a couple of minutes to convince myself that the performance model was worth the upcharge. And though it's not quite a unicorn, it's got to be very close. Mfg in March 2019 as one of the last custom color cars, I have no idea why it ended up in inventory, but now it's ended up in my garage. Still get a few second looks and several comments about the color. So glad I pulled the trigger on it.
Very few pmss model 3s and even fewer performance ones. So it is a unicorn