Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Will Model 3 AWD Specs Show Up?

Tesla AWD release was slated for Spring 2018. When will the specs will be posted?

• March 18-March 31

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • April 1-April 14

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • April 15-April 28

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • April 29-May 5

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • May 6-May 19

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • May 20-June 2

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • June 3-June 16

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • June 17-

Votes: 23 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't wait for the announcement, i even reserved a 2nd TM3 just in case it's too tempting :)

I see the dual motor Model 3 as an opportunity for them to sorta challenge the M3 and AMG C63 segment of the market, which sells around $70K and has 0-60 under 4 seconds - hopefully they will do that!

I can't wait for the announcement, i even reserved a 2nd TM3 just in case it's too tempting :)

I see the dual motor Model 3 as an opportunity for them to sorta challenge the M3 and AMG C63 segment of the market, which sells around $70K and has 0-60 under 4 seconds - hopefully they will do that!

Then you might have to wait for the performance version. AWD and RWD 0-60 have traditionally been rather close.

Then you might have to wait for the performance version. AWD and RWD 0-60 have traditionally been rather close.

I don't think AWD will provide the kind of performance that @kbecks13 is probably looking for, however, AWD will make a significant improvement for the 0-60 speed. Just look at the S85 - 2wd is around 5.4 and the S85D is around 4.2 to 4.3. That's quite a difference.

I don't think AWD will provide the kind of performance that @kbecks13 is probably looking for, however, AWD will make a significant improvement for the 0-60 speed. Just look at the S85 - 2wd is around 5.4 and the S85D is around 4.2 to 4.3. That's quite a difference.

Could, but the 75D and 75 were rather close and while 85 and 85D was more of a refresh, that ended the 85 eventually, the 3 and 3 AWD will have to coexist.

I'm guessing AWD will be announced end of April or early May, right before their Q1 quarterly earnings call, to take away some focus of Tesla under-performing on their Model 3 deliveries. Distracting the market with an announcement of the AWD at the end of April will bring another round of "Hope" and something for people to talk about and look forward to.

The difference is: Shrek and Donkey were supposed to be going to “Far Far Away”. We are supposed to be going to Spring 2018. ;)

Unwritten lines:
Donkey: But Shrek, we are already Far, Far away !
Shrek: I know Donkey, but we will get there when we get there. Nagging does not speed up time.
Shrek: Lucky for us, Donkey, we can enjoy the trip.
Donkey: Uh huh. How ?
Shrek: We sing !

Last edited:
Given the “probably July” tweet from Elon about the arrival of dual motors, I’m afraid about 70% of us might have been overly optimistic about when specs will show up. What do you think? Will specs and pricing show up well before production starts? Would help with making a decision on RWD vs AWD for some I’m sure.