Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

When will Model 3 start charging after phantom drain?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was travelling the past couple of days. I left my Model 3 in the garage with the connector plugged in.

When i returned, I noticed that the SoC was 271 miles vs 278 when it's fully charged. I was a bit surprised that the charging algorithm didn't start charging itself given the loss of 7 miles.

Do you know what the threshold is for the charging algorithm to start charging due to phantom drain?

How do you know somebody didn't drive your car all around town while you were gone, charged it up to just under what they started with and returned your vehicle to your garage? You have any driving-aged offspring? Spouse left at home while your were gone? :)

Frankly, given my experiences with vampire drain, that possibility is more probable than merely losing about one mile a day.