Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will my car get updates? Its been AGES already!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one that has 2021.3.104 have seen an update yet, M3LR picked up 4 weeks ago still on that version here
I have found no confirmed cases of any car delivered with 2021.3.104, 105, 106, 106.5, or 2021.11.x getting an update since deliveries of these versions began in mid-July and possibly as early as late-June. There were rumors of people on 3.104 getting updated to 4.18, but these all seem to be people that were mistaken on their version number.

So yes, that means there are cars from mid July that have been waiting two months without an update. I'm about to hit 6 weeks tomorrow.

Reactions: Bgarel and Dogmatix
I have found no confirmed cases of any car delivered with 2021.3.104, 105, 106, 106.5, or 2021.11.x getting an update since deliveries of these versions began in mid-July and possibly as early as late-June. There were rumors of people on 3.104 getting updated to 4.18, but these all seem to be people that were mistaken on their version number.

So yes, that means there are cars from mid July that have been waiting two months without an update. I'm about to hit 6 weeks tomorrow.
Guess well have to keep waiting, thanks!

My 2021 M3LR was delivered 07/14 and I am on 2021.3.104 since then and Tesla Mobile Service tech visited my place 2 days ago (delivered TPMS sensors) and he checked my software version on his laptop. His conclusion- my software 2021.3.104 -UP TO DATE, no any issue. On my question when I will get next update he says when Tesla engineering team will decide- my car need update. I have full FSD ( which of course not working in Canada)

I took delivery of a Model Y LR on 7/19 with 2021.3.104, so 7 weeks with no update for me. Looking at the TeslaFi sample of 15K vehicles, I have not seen any vehicle in this cohort (In the US) be upgraded from 3.104. But only a few of the US-produced vision-only Model Y's and 3's are in 104. I've seen some of these vehicles on other (much more recent updates).

So IMO it isn't a limitation of vision-only but for some reason Tesla is subjecting about 0.5% of the fleet to this release (according to TeslaFi). One new development in September has been for the first time, Some China-built vehicles are receiving this update, but many update out to newer versions within days. Tesla - please either tell us how long we're in update jail for, or release us. The constant wondering about when an update will come when the rest of the fleet has migrated through 2-3 major versions over the last 7 weeks is quite distracting.

Reactions: CapinWinky
There are confirmed cases of 2021.3.106, .106.5, and .11.102.2 updating to 2021.32.10. This is very exciting news as it implies the chip-shortage cars are being merged into the main branch. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any .3.104, .105, or 2021.11.pre-102.2 cars getting it, so hopefully it isn't gated that way and the updates are just still rolling out.

EDIT: I'm so defeatist on this that I'm just assuming .3.104 and .105 cars aren't going to get in on this. Hoping I'm wrong and I'll immediately post when my 2021.3.105 gets an update (45days since delivery today). I'm sure some of the over-two-monthers with .3.104 are cautiously optimistic too.

Last edited:
There are confirmed cases of 2021.3.106, .106.5, and .11.102.2 updating to 2021.32.10. This is very exciting news as it implies the chip-shortage cars are being merged into the main branch. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any .3.104, .105, or 2021.11.pre-102.2 cars getting it, so hopefully it isn't gated that way and the updates are just still rolling out.

EDIT: I'm so defeatist on this that I'm just assuming .3.104 and .105 cars aren't going to get in on this. Hoping I'm wrong and I'll immediately post when my 2021.3.105 gets an update (45days since delivery today). I'm sure some of the over-two-monthers with .3.104 are cautiously optimistic too.
Yes it's me. 2021.3.104 ( 2 month since delivery) 🤣

Reactions: Dogmatix

I hope i get the update soon, still on 2021.3.104 , 4 weeks now since i took delivery !

I don't understand this defense of Tesla for crap service.

Why should anyone be patient? Another poster makes a comparison to an iPhone, or a computer, both of which provide the lie to any defense of Tesla. There are Hundreds of Millions of iPhones in the wild, within a week of Apple adopting a new iOS, they usually have 50% adoption rates (with the attendant downloads). Those downloads are in the multi-GB (with MacOS in the 8-10GB range). If Tesla can't handle the load, get a better caching service.

Patience is for the meek. Purchasers of items that cost in the $50-$150K frame have a right to expect that they will be updated to the latest that is released within a fast-time frame.

If you're making Billions of Dollars, there is no excuse for a bad CDN. There is also no excuse for "please wait."
Have you spoken with any at the service center? I don’t have my car yet but would be interested in what they say in situations like yours. I would think they could push an update to any of their cars.

Are you using any filters on your home internet? My Volvo would not get updates because I was using an AD blocker on the firewall.
Might be worth checking. Maybe set your DNS IP to use 8.8.8.8 and connect your car to the Wi-Fi and see if that helps.

Have you spoken with any at the service center? I don’t have my car yet but would be interested in what they say in situations like yours. I would think they could push an update to any of their cars.
For a long time, there were no compatible updates. It seems 2021.32.10 may be compatible with all of the .3.x and .11.x cars, but so far only the last revision of those branches has gotten the update. It's possible that the older revision cars still aren't component compatible with it.

Nope.. WiFi has nothing to do with it. I received my last update notification when I was traveling out of town, parked in my sister's driveway. I connected to my phone as a hotspot and did the download. On WiFi/Off WiFi doesn't matter.
Sorry, that's incorrect. You were on a Wifi network. You said you turned on your phone's Hotspot and connected to it, which is a Wifi network. So, even though your "router" (e.g. phone) was getting to the internet via LTE/5G, the car just sees that it's on a Wifi network and can download updates.

The car will NOT download updates over its internal LTE modem.