Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will S100D be available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

I have already specified a P100D but I'm thinking I really don't need the extra performance any more. I did upgrade from P85D to L but I really never use all the extra. Any thoughts?

I think some people on the forum who have asked Tesla when the 100D was going to be available have been told Q1 2017. It may be sooner, I believe the factory has some scheduled downtime in a few weeks.
I asked and was told "possibly 1Q17, but tell us if you find out different information". Probably nobody knows because it depends on increased production of the new packaging and that probably depend on new capabilities that are about to be put into the factory in Fremont.
Of course, this is all speculation, possibly informed speculation, but nevertheless speculation.

This is the same pattern Tesla has used before.

The first production cars were Signature - with all of the features selected - at the highest price. And then Tesla started producing the lower priced non-Signature cars. I received my P85 relatively quickly in early 2013, when they were selling the performance cars quicker than the lower priced, smaller battery, cars.

Tesla will continue to ramp up production of the 100 battery packs. And when they have enough production to support more than the P100D cars, we should expect they'll start introducing more 100 variants of the S and X.

Though, will they decide to completely replace the 90s with 100s, at about the same price point?

Or, will they decide to keep producing the 90 battery packs, and offer the 100s at a higher price point?

We're still planning to wait for a 100D with AP2.0 - and hopefully we'll see both soon...

Reactions: DIL