Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the Buc-ees superchargers start being built?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would to curious to see if any new Buc-ee's that were not originally on the list end up with supercharging stations. I think there is one in Auburn AL that has broken ground. Was not on the list, but Tesla's map does show a supercharger Coming Soon for Auburn.

Athens, AL is also getting a new Buc-ee's but seems unlikely to get a supercharger since there is already one in Athens one exit away.
Crossville, TN has a new supercharger and yet another supercharger is planned at the Buc-ee’s just half a mile away on the other side of I-40, so I suppose redundant superchargers are possible. I wonder if these redundant locations are driven by the businesses wanting the chargers rather than Tesla needing to fill a gap.

I wonder if these redundant locations are driven by the businesses wanting the chargers rather than Tesla needing to fill a gap.
Almost certainly the case. Which is really great news. Once this snowball effect starts to happen, it's going to happen quickly (the limiting factor may become how quickly Superchargers and transformers can be manufactured).

Maybe, but Tesla is building in excess of one million cars per year, so they need a lot of superchargers.
And if people would work at getting their home charge equipment, they wouldn't need to drive to a supercharger to charge. Superchargers were originally designed for TRAVEL, but I see locals using them all the time. Getting a 14-50 outlet put in isn't too hard, and that's all you need to charge to full every night in your own garage.

And if people would work at getting their home charge equipment, they wouldn't need to drive to a supercharger to charge
I guess the key word is "work". Apartment dwellers generally can't install a home charger, but they can push the landowner to install one. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not. But you're right, home charging is the most convenient and least expensive way to charge.

I guess the key word is "work". Apartment dwellers generally can't install a home charger, but they can push the landowner to install one. Sometimes they are successful, sometimes not. But you're right, home charging is the most convenient and least expensive way to charge.
Absolutely. My wife and I sold our house and have been living in a rental the last two months waiting to close on our next home. No garage so I’m having to use the local Supercharger like a gas station, what a PITA. I already have an electrician lined up to install our wall charger the day after we close on our new place.