Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will the Model 3 Reveal II happen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No that is likely when they will give out more details and actual specs. Like right now they say it will be less than 6 seconds for 0-60, and at least 215 EPA miles. Part II of the reveal will refine those numbers, show the final interior/steering controls, finalized body/trunk opening, and probably give a list of the major options that will be available.

Pricing for those options probably won't come until you get to actually design/build your car in the studio and place the order.

My guess is that it will be in June, 2017.

While I tend to agree that the second part of the reveal will not come for quite some time, does anyone think it might come sooner? Possibly with the release of additional Model S updates/price changes? Could part 2 of the reveal be the possible changes coming to Model S? I know this is a lot of speculation but just throwing it out there.

The last paragraph in the Welcome to Tesla email says "Over the coming months we'll have more exciting updates to share with you about the model 3. Stay tuned!"

Maybe I'm reading too much in to this but I'm HOPING this suggests we'll have more major details before the end of the year, 6-8 months or so.

The last paragraph in the Welcome to Tesla email says "Over the coming months we'll have more exciting updates to share with you about the model 3. Stay tuned!"

Maybe I'm reading too much in to this but I'm HOPING this suggests we'll have more major details before the end of the year, 6-8 months or so.
I tend to think it only said "in the coming months" because they couldn't say "in the coming years" without causing an uproar. Given Elon's tweets suggesting Reveal II is something pretty special, I think they'll keep it under wraps as long as they can. If the features don't get leaked, they'll probably do part two a few months before deliveries start in order to start building hype for the launch.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I tend to think it only said "in the coming months" because they couldn't say "in the coming years" without causing an uproar. Given Elon's tweets suggesting Reveal II is something pretty special, I think they'll keep it under wraps as long as they can. If the features don't get leaked, they'll probably do part two a few months before deliveries start in order to start building hype for the launch.

You're probably right. I'm hoping, but definitely not betting.

I see a lot of 6-8 weeks before delivery. If im not mistaken (i could totally be wrong, ive read a lot of tesla articles and pages and forums lol) weren't model x owners given the config page well before they started to receive them? But the full reveal for the x was when the first people took delivery?

Elon just sent out a text saying "and yes, we are adding more cowbell soon"

Doubt it will happen but how great would it be if we got updates/announcements as they were integrated, as opposed to making one or two more big event announcements.

I see a lot of 6-8 weeks before delivery. If im not mistaken (i could totally be wrong, ive read a lot of tesla articles and pages and forums lol) weren't model x owners given the config page well before they started to receive them? But the full reveal for the x was when the first people took delivery?

Signature Model X configurations started on Sep 1, 2015 - that was 25 days before the official launch (2015-09-25). So there were some details missing in the configuration page - for example, you can't see the front of the car in those pages, and there was no mention of the biodefense air filters, or the auto presenting powered front doors etc. Those details were only added to the configuration pages after the official launch.

So the timeline for Model X:
2015-09-01 - Signature Configuration started
2015-09-25 - Model X official launch
2015-11-23 - Production Configuration started

I have a feeling that we just change the above dates to 2017, and it would be close, though we don't have signatures for Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
I predict we will receive more detailed information around the time that GM starts to ship their BOLT to keep most of us patiently waiting for our Model 's. I just skimmed the Chevy Bolt's info page and besides the styling - which I don't like at all - I think it looks kind of "dorky" - IMHO it will be inferior to the Model in several ways:
Tesla Model vs Chevy Bolt

I expect some people who don't expect to receive their Model until late 2018+ will lease a Bolt for 24 months in the interim, however.

I also predict that at this event around the time the BOLT is released into the wild, Elon will show a pre-production Model Y concept. That's the expected CUV built on the Model chassis to complete the "SEXY" line-up. It will trigger another slew of additional reservations. I wonder if it will have Falcon Wing Doors? Perhaps one Falcon on each side and no front driver/passenger door?

I agree with previous posters that the final Elon-takes-the-stage "Model Production Reveal" will be done similar to Model X around the time that the highest priority reservations may configure their vehicles.