Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will there be a Supercharger in Brampton ON?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When are we going to see Supercharger in Brampton?

Meh, we aren't on the way to anywhere, so we don't really need one here. If you're heading north, you'll want Orangeville or Barrie. If you are heading across the 401, you'll want Mississauga (Winston Churchill/Argentia) or Pickering. You can always check the official Tesla website to see where they are thinking of putting chargers.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Meh, we aren't on the way to anywhere, so we don't really need one here. If you're heading north, you'll want Orangeville or Barrie. If you are heading across the 401, you'll want Mississauga (Winston Churchill/Argentia) or Pickering. You can always check the official Tesla website to see where they are thinking of putting chargers.

Disagree, 407 and Airport is a very busy often travelled to hub

Another is highway 50 and Queen st (edge of brampton) right off the 427 again a super busy travel point.

410 and Steeles, or 410 and Queen would be another great point near hotels/major shopping centre. Heck even 410 and Bovaird would work near Trinity Commons.

Another is highway 50 and Queen st (edge of brampton) right off the 427 again a super busy travel point.

410 and Steeles, or 410 and Queen would be another great point near hotels/major shopping centre. Heck even 410 and Bovaird would work near Trinity Commons.

Last I looked, the pin seemed to be located near Trinity Commons (410 & Bovaird), but I feel that 410/Steeles makes a lot more sense. Lots of hotels and such around there and quite a few business travelers to the area stay near there.

I still view super chargers as facilitating long distance travel. The locations you list might in themselves be busy, but they aren't on the way TO anywhere where there isn't already a super charger (or a planned super charger) to help you along. Airport and Queen is a Smart Center, so I suppose one might pop up there (especially given its proximity to the 407), but seeing as Brampton is mostly subdivisions, we locals don't really need one to get around the city. ;)

I still view super chargers as facilitating long distance travel. The locations you list might in themselves be busy, but they aren't on the way TO anywhere where there isn't already a super charger (or a planned super charger) to help you along.

I agree with you completely. I live in the area too, and have no real use for it. I would rather see southwestern Ontario filled in. There is nothing between Woodstock and Windsor (Comber) yet that leg of the 401 is more heavily traveled than the eastern leg from Toronto to Quebec. Nothing even in London for heaven's sake.

Having said that, Tesla seems to have switched strategies a bit from long distance travel to local charging for those who can't charge at home and for popular destinations. I had a conference in Ottawa and was appreciative of the Supercharger there, right across the road from the hotel I stayed at. As I mentioned above, the 410 and Steeles area has a number of hotels where out-of-town guests stay and could be useful to them as the Ottawa site was to me.

Reactions: Amandeep and Shaz
I could have definitely used an SC in Brampton for the month of August. I had a bunch of exterior renovations going on and restricted my use of my driveway/garage. Brampton would have been the closest town to me. Had to charge at Bramalea City Center using the 40A Destination charger a couple times. It would have been nice to charge quickly at an SC vs having to wait for a decent charge out of 40A. I only charged for an hour at a time there.

Reactions: Amandeep
I could have definitely used an SC in Brampton for the month of August. I had a bunch of exterior renovations going on and restricted my use of my driveway/garage. Brampton would have been the closest town to me. Had to charge at Bramalea City Center using the 40A Destination charger a couple times. It would have been nice to charge quickly at an SC vs having to wait for a decent charge out of 40A. I only charged for an hour at a time there.

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are some DCFC's available... even free to use: One at Bramalea City Center (not near the L2's) and one at a Region of Peel building at Hwy 10 and Derry. A little further afield, there are 10 DCFC's at the airport.