TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will there be a Supercharger in Brampton ON?

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by Amandeep, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Amandeep

Amandeep Member

When are we going to see Supercharger in Brampton?

2. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Please! No need to start threads until you find a new Supercharger! Also, Tesla indicates that Brampton will open in 2019!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

Dammit. I was so excited when I saw this thread!

I'll just wait patiently because that is what i do best ... lol

4. Mr. PlugShare

@Doug_G , would you please change the name of this thread so that people don’t overreact?

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

For sure.

• Like x 1
  6. Eco Capitalist

Meh, we aren't on the way to anywhere, so we don't really need one here. If you're heading north, you'll want Orangeville or Barrie. If you are heading across the 401, you'll want Mississauga (Winston Churchill/Argentia) or Pickering. You can always check the official Tesla website to see where they are thinking of putting chargers.

• Helpful x 1
  7. Blu Angel

Blu Angel Member

#7 Blu Angel, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Those are Destination Chargers, basically L2 HPWC's, not Superchargers.

9. Blu Angel

Blu Angel Member

@mknox ,
    Oops! I visited the Tesla website and assumed all the listed chargers are Tesla SC....my bad

10. Mr. PlugShare

We’re all human...

11. wallstguy

wallstguy Member

Disagree, 407 and Airport is a very busy often travelled to hub

Another is highway 50 and Queen st (edge of brampton) right off the 427 again a super busy travel point.

410 and Steeles, or 410 and Queen would be another great point near hotels/major shopping centre. Heck even 410 and Bovaird would work near Trinity Commons.

12. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Last I looked, the pin seemed to be located near Trinity Commons (410 & Bovaird), but I feel that 410/Steeles makes a lot more sense. Lots of hotels and such around there and quite a few business travelers to the area stay near there.

13. Eco Capitalist

I still view super chargers as facilitating long distance travel. The locations you list might in themselves be busy, but they aren't on the way TO anywhere where there isn't already a super charger (or a planned super charger) to help you along. Airport and Queen is a Smart Center, so I suppose one might pop up there (especially given its proximity to the 407), but seeing as Brampton is mostly subdivisions, we locals don't really need one to get around the city. ;)

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  14. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I agree with you completely. I live in the area too, and have no real use for it. I would rather see southwestern Ontario filled in. There is nothing between Woodstock and Windsor (Comber) yet that leg of the 401 is more heavily traveled than the eastern leg from Toronto to Quebec. Nothing even in London for heaven's sake.

Having said that, Tesla seems to have switched strategies a bit from long distance travel to local charging for those who can't charge at home and for popular destinations. I had a conference in Ottawa and was appreciative of the Supercharger there, right across the road from the hotel I stayed at. As I mentioned above, the 410 and Steeles area has a number of hotels where out-of-town guests stay and could be useful to them as the Ottawa site was to me.

• Like x 2
  15. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

I could have definitely used an SC in Brampton for the month of August. I had a bunch of exterior renovations going on and restricted my use of my driveway/garage. Brampton would have been the closest town to me. Had to charge at Bramalea City Center using the 40A Destination charger a couple times. It would have been nice to charge quickly at an SC vs having to wait for a decent charge out of 40A. I only charged for an hour at a time there.

• Like x 1
  16. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are some DCFC's available... even free to use: One at Bramalea City Center (not near the L2's) and one at a Region of Peel building at Hwy 10 and Derry. A little further afield, there are 10 DCFC's at the airport.

17. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Thanks but unfortunately CHAdeMO still does not work with Model 3's and I don't have the adapter.

18. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Right. Wasn't aware you were a Model 3 owner. Your profile pic looks like you are in a Model S.

19. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Yeah my profile pic was from my overnight demo with a Model S.

20. Amandeep

Amandeep Member

While I agree that maybe there is no need to start another thread till we have one...... but i don't really think there was any need to dislike it. But than that is your prerogative and i can't stop you.

Also, do you know when in 2019?