Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will there be a Supercharger in Brampton ON?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh, we aren't on the way to anywhere, so we don't really need one here. If you're heading north, you'll want Orangeville or Barrie. If you are heading across the 401, you'll want Mississauga (Winston Churchill/Argentia) or Pickering. You can always check the official Tesla website to see where they are thinking of putting chargers.

There reason i had asked was 'coz with EV rebate gone (not sure what court case win means. we have to wait n watch), if we have supercharger maybe we don't need to install home charger immediately. I live close to Trinity, so can certainly use a supercharger (if i still go ahead with my purchase).

I could have definitely used an SC in Brampton for the month of August. I had a bunch of exterior renovations going on and restricted my use of my driveway/garage. Brampton would have been the closest town to me. Had to charge at Bramalea City Center using the 40A Destination charger a couple times. It would have been nice to charge quickly at an SC vs having to wait for a decent charge out of 40A. I only charged for an hour at a time there.

It seems we are close :)

There reason i had asked was 'coz with EV rebate gone (not sure what court case win means. we have to wait n watch), if we have supercharger maybe we don't need to install home charger immediately. I live close to Trinity, so can certainly use a supercharger (if i still go ahead with my purchase).

The court case won't affect chargers, only vehicle rebates. If the cost of the charger is deterring you, remember that you need only install a dryer outlet, then you can use the charger that comes with the vehicle. Not ideal, but certainly much better than using a normal 120 volt outlet! :)

Reactions: Amandeep
Its in the coming soon under supercharger page

Brampton, ON | Tesla Canada
That location could end up being where the supercharger will actually go in Brampton, but if so it would be purely by coincidence. For the grey "Coming Soon" pins, Tesla's map doesn't indicate the actual planned locations. It only shows which city/town/neighborhood the supercharger is planned for. The pin just gets placed wherever Google Maps would pin that generic location. So, if you ask Google for directions to the generic "Brampton, ON" you'll see that the ending location is exactly where the pin is. This is the same for every grey pin on Tesla's map. Unfortunately, besides knowing the general vicinity of which cities/towns/neighborhoods they plan to build in, the grey pins don't give any exact location information. The grey pin would always show in the exact same place no matter where in the Brampton area Tesla actually intends to build. This changes once the location goes live and gets a red pin. Red pins are placed in the exact locations.

The grey pin would always show in the exact same place no matter where in the Brampton area Tesla actually intends to build. This changes once the location goes live and gets a red pin. Red pins are placed in the exact locations.
The one exception to this is when there are multiple locations in a city and Tesla gives a more granular location. For example there are three more SCs scheduled to be built in the city of Toronto but they have more granular locations - Yonge and Eg, Liberty Village and the Annex. This was also the cause for the Mississauga Meadowvale location, which is now open.