TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will there be more Model 3 on the road vs Model X?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Erpel, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Erpel

Erpel Member

Model 3 is now produced at much higher rates as Model X and hence catching up quickly. Checking Bloomberg and other VIN trackers it appears that roughly 65k Model 3s have been produced to date and Model X should stand somewhere around 115k. When Model 3 overall production passes Model X it will probably feel already that there are more 3s on the roads than Xs since Model X is shipped globally vs Model 3 which is only available in the U.S. and Canada.
    My guess is that as of November 2018 there will be already more 3s on the roads. Other interesting question would be when we would see Model 3 passing Model S or Model X & Model S together.
    What do you guys think?

2. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

Here's a random sample I counted while driving home from work.

I drove 20 minutes over a 15 mile stretch of road (CA-57) and just counted how many Teslas I saw on opposite side of the freeway. This was in June.

I counted
    8 Model S
    4 Model X
    3 Model 3

I'm sure there are far more Model 3's now with the July ramp up.

• Love x 1
  3. vigge50

vigge50 Member

Here Insideevs have but together a chart of the 10 best selling EVs all time. As you can see Model 3 is already on place 8 and will pass Nissan leaf now in august. It will probably take until september before Model 3 passes Model X and maybe Ford Fuison on the same time.

[​IMG]

4. Erpel

Erpel Member

Excellent overview, thanks @vigge50

5. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

It is picking up all the time....I see more than just mine nearly daily now and some days 2-3. I still see a ton of MS's and a few MXs....but the 3 is soon to be much more frequent in ATL.

6. Mxbzz

Mxbzz Member

It's already more common here in the Bay Area. This past week, there was a white Model 3 driving in the parking lot, and a red and blue one parked within a few spaces away from each other. This excludes my blue one that was parked on the other side of the lot. I don't mind, as it draws less attention from passersby :)