Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we actually get the "summer" superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The progress is certainly noteworthy, but I am looking forward a rash of cross-country enabling SCs in the next four months, to hopefully make good on the end-of-year "LA to NY" trip capability. This wonderful expansion up and down the coasts logically must come first due to population density, but the clock is ticking on the connect-the-dots game to link the two coasts by end of 2013.

The progress is certainly noteworthy, but I am looking forward a rash of cross-country enabling SCs in the next four months, to hopefully make good on the end-of-year "LA to NY" trip capability. This wonderful expansion up and down the coasts logically must come first due to population density, but the clock is ticking on the connect-the-dots game to link the two coasts by end of 2013.
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Colorado and Texas are NOT on either coast. Last time I checked, neither is Illinois. :wink:

Yes, those are definitely a few dots to start the process, Normal being the first to appear several months back already. But right now these are all fairly isolated islands of Supercharging...I am waiting for a burst of activity to start linking these sites to the coastal networks...this must happen for the LA-to-NY trip to become a reality.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure Colorado and Texas are NOT on either coast. Last time I checked, neither is Illinois. :wink:

Colorado and Illinois are actually the two key lynch-pins, tying in the two Coasts.
Eventually, Texas will also get tied into the network.
Both Fall and Winter will be very busy Periods.
From my perspective, this is highly achievable and would signify the beginning of even BETTER things for TM.

It's great to be an Early Adopter, watching this all unfold before our eyes.

Really people, lists? What is this, the teslamotors.com forum? :D

Tabulated. State before city for relevance.
Added Highway and Exit.
I added Corsicana and Huntsville based on posts elsewhere.

State
Chargers
Status
Open Date
Notes
OR
Woodburn
Open
CA
Fremont
Open
CA
San Juan Capistrano
I-5
Permitted
CO
Silverthorne
Under Construction
CO
Glenwood Springs
Under Construction
TX
San Marcos
Open
TX
Columbus
Under Construction
TX
Bellmead (Waco)
Under Construction
9/16/2013 - 9/23/2013
TX
Corsicana
I-45 (229)
Permitted
Collin Street Bakery
TX
Huntsville
I-45
Permitted
IL
Rockford
Under Construction
FL
Port Orange
I-95
Under Construction
NJ
Edison
??
CT
Darien (South)
I-95 (10)
Under Construction
Service Area
Others can fill in information.

Okay LIST MASTER :wink: here's a little more information about he Port Orange Supercharger station in Florida. It is Exit #265 off of I-95. There are at least 6 charging positions there now, with probably ultimately 8. They are located at The Pavilion at Port Orange across the street from the Olive Garden restaurant.

Larry

Okay LIST MASTER :wink: here's a little more information about he Port Orange Supercharger station in Florida. It is Exit #265 off of I-95. There are at least 6 charging positions there now, with probably ultimately 8. They are located at The Pavilion at Port Orange across the street from the Olive Garden restaurant.

Larry

The Silverthorne, CO location is I-70 exit 205.

Table in Post 40 updated.

OK, time to stop. This should really go into the Wiki as a progress list, assuming there isn't one.

Last edited:
There is not a Wiki for this that I know of. Only random discussions and long threads of speculation, reporting of findings, etc. We need one place to go for this information. A summary page, wiki if you like. Mods, this would be great.

Yes, a similar, but separate, thread or Wiki should be created for Europe.

Just throwing this out there:

There is a proposed site in OH very near the intersection of I-76 and I-80. This is also very close to Lordstown, OH, which is the site of a massive GM plant where they make the Chevy Cruze. This plant's parking lot features a very prominent set of solar arrays forming a canopy over maybe a dozen or so charge stations, likely Level II chargers for employee-owned Chevy Volts. It looks for all the world like a Supercharger station. Back in June, there were some rumors afoot that GM was going to license some Tesla drivetrain technology, and I wondered at the time if this plant might actually become the SC location. Other less-friendly GM news has surfaced since then, perhaps making this unlikely. But I will note that when I drove past this site over Labor Day, there were orange construction barrels surrounding a couple consecutive charge bays...could it possibly be SC construction underway?