Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will we know how much the dual motor will cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

juanmedina

Mar 31, 2016
SC
I saw on Facebook that one guy had a delivery estimate for the dual motor Model 3 of June - August. That's fairly soon and I am wondering when will Tesla release the pricing on the dual motor.

My delivery estimate for the dual motor is October - December. I really want the dual motor but I don't want to loose the $7500 federal rebate but knowing how much the dual motor will cost can help me make a decision.

Definitely Tomorrow.
Yup, or the day after tomorrow!

I'd guess $4000 for dual motor. BMW has it for around $2k (3-series). Improves traction of course, but it reduces MPG, and has no change in performance. The electric will improve performance and economy.

I'd guess the "P" model will be about $20k. Again, comparing to the BMW 3-series vs the M3. No need to price it low. The base will be faster than most cars on the road. People who want this will likely have to pay.

We shouldn't have to guess. The car is in production and for sale to the public. Everything about the car should be available now so those able to order can make an informed decision about waiting for what they might want. I firmly believe they know all the numbers about future options that have already been announced. FSD is way down the road but has a listed price. They have bragged about the 2020 Roadster's performance down to a tenth of a second. A 2020 car. Even the M3 Owners Manual has not been released by Tesla. I grow very tired of all of their smoke and mirrors just so they can (in their mind) sell a few more S and X's.

I saw on Facebook that one guy had a delivery estimate for the dual motor Model 3 of June - August. That's fairly soon and I am wondering when will Tesla release the pricing on the dual motor.

My delivery estimate for the dual motor is October - December. I really want the dual motor but I don't want to loose the $7500 federal rebate but knowing how much the dual motor will cost can help me make a decision.
The further you are down the line the longer you will have to wait. Elon Musk for instance was 1st in line and got his car ahead of schedule.

I think it's virtually guaranteed that best case scenario you will pay $7,750 for dual motors ($4k + loss of half of federal tax rebate). maybe you should consider a used model S.. (70D) likely $45 - $50k by mid next year maybe less as the 36 months lease from 2015 and the 24 months lease from 2016 are returned.