TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

When will we know the 5 Cycle Range numbers for the 60 KWH Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SuperCoug, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

I am going to order the 60 KWH Model S and I've already received my Email from Tesla saying that it's time for me to lock in my order and configure my car. However, I have not yet confirmed my order because I'm still waiting to see the 5 cycle range estimates. I think most of us are expecting it to be roughly 195 miles (85% of the 230 mile ideal range) but I am really not comfortable locking in my order until I see the actual number.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

I haven't read any reports of a 60kWh pack being produced, let alone of a Model S driving with a 60kWh pack. The Model S options website still says "enters production fall 2012". Tesla would be overdue providing that information from December, 22nd on :tongue:. Better call your contact at Tesla and beat a number out of them.

3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

4. MikeK

MikeK R#129, TSLA shareholder

I was one of those, but I upgraded to 85kWh after the Supercharger announcement, since it seemed like the bigger pack would make the Superchargers that much more useful. Plus, I figured that it would increase the likelihood of getting my car in 2012.

5. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Motor Trend writes
    I haven't seen any official word from the EPA, so do you think MT is guessing at the numbers for the 40 and 60? Or Tesla knows something and leaked it to MT?

6. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I'd say guess work; just multiplying 160 and 230 with 0.88 (roughly 265/300).