TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

When will we reach 1 billion miles driven?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TexasEV, Apr 23, 2015.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Tweet from Tesla yesterday said 931 million miles driven. Any predictions for what day we'll reach 1 billion miles? I hope Tesla makes an announcement then.

2. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

I'll guess 5/12.
    I would expect them to announce it, however, that may just be wishful thinking.

3. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Member

It was 750M in the last quarterly shareholder letter on 2/11, so we gained 181M in about 70 days, about 2.6M/day. That'd put 1B around 25 days from today (5/18) assuming no growth. Since there will be growth, and since it's likely that on 2/11 it wasn't exactly 750M but some small amount higher, I'm guesstimating Thursday, 5/14.

4. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I guess if Tesla is able to track this accurately then "Big Brother Is Watching". :smile:

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

I was about to say the same too...anyways I don't mind if it is only the odometer readings

6. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

I'm planning to start adding to the total at noon tomorrow, that's when I pick my 85D up.

7. cpa

cpa Member

I will be leaving Central California for Milwaukee May first and returning via Montana and Idaho, so jot me down for about 5,000 miles in a two-week period. This should help the cause. :rolleyes:

8. Enadler

Enadler Member

I'm thinking 5/6 around 2pm pdt!

9. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

So we all know we reached 1 billion and this thread is now stale. And Tesla let us all know (you got the email, right?).

What I wasn't expecting was a SECOND email, to the SAME address, but this one is slightly different, in that it assumes I am NOT yet an owner but that I should be ("start your count") it dares me, with "Order" and "Test Drive" buttons.

Even though I have had an account with Tesla since I bought the car online, and I use that account all the time to get to My.TeslaMotors etc, they send out a marketing promotion to get me to buy a car? Not very bright, Tesla.

tsla-1bill-fail.png