TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will we reach 1 billion miles driven?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TexasEV, Apr 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Tweet from Tesla yesterday said 931 million miles driven. Any predictions for what day we'll reach 1 billion miles? I hope Tesla makes an announcement then.

2. Zythryn

Zythryn M3 Silver, M3 Midnight Silver

I'll guess 5/12.
    I would expect them to announce it, however, that may just be wishful thinking.

3. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

It was 750M in the last quarterly shareholder letter on 2/11, so we gained 181M in about 70 days, about 2.6M/day. That'd put 1B around 25 days from today (5/18) assuming no growth. Since there will be growth, and since it's likely that on 2/11 it wasn't exactly 750M but some small amount higher, I'm guesstimating Thursday, 5/14.

4. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I guess if Tesla is able to track this accurately then "Big Brother Is Watching". :smile:

5. taurusking

taurusking Member

I was about to say the same too...anyways I don't mind if it is only the odometer readings

6. Usatyke

Usatyke Member

I'm planning to start adding to the total at noon tomorrow, that's when I pick my 85D up.

7. cpa

cpa Active Member

I will be leaving Central California for Milwaukee May first and returning via Montana and Idaho, so jot me down for about 5,000 miles in a two-week period. This should help the cause. :rolleyes:

8. Enadler

Enadler Member

I'm thinking 5/6 around 2pm pdt!

9. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

So we all know we reached 1 billion and this thread is now stale. And Tesla let us all know (you got the email, right?).

What I wasn't expecting was a SECOND email, to the SAME address, but this one is slightly different, in that it assumes I am NOT yet an owner but that I should be ("start your count") it dares me, with "Order" and "Test Drive" buttons.

Even though I have had an account with Tesla since I bought the car online, and I use that account all the time to get to My.TeslaMotors etc, they send out a marketing promotion to get me to buy a car? Not very bright, Tesla.

tsla-1bill-fail.png