TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When will we see a new performance coupe from Tesla?

Discussion in 'Future Vehicles' started by CheeseFrog, Sep 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CheeseFrog

CheeseFrog Member

Are there any plans for a Tesla coupe that could go head to head with the Mustang/Camaro-type of car? I'm talking AWD, under 4000lbs, with 400hp+ and super low COG.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

"coupe"

Do you mean...
    1. 2 door with seating for 2?
    2. 2 door with seating for 4 or 5?
    3. 2 door with seating for 5+2?
    ?

3. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

There are unofficial plans to build a Roadster 2 as a Porsche 911 type of car. It's being discussed here as the next-gen Roadster, and expected to follow soon after the Model E (Gen.III $30k - $35k car). The Model E, which is more in that price range, is however expected to have 4 doors (a smaller Model S), although that is a subject of discussion. However many expect Tesla to build Coupe versions sooner or later. However even the initial 4-door Model E will probably have very good performance.

4. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

1. Roadster 3 out about 2019 I'd guess
    2. Gen 3 out about 2016-7
    3. Model S coupe - no known plans but I am sure it will happen.

5. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Member

If a Roadster 2 is in the plans, performance will no doubt be superior than that of a Mustang or Camaro from the get go, especially in the handling department.

6. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

@CheeseFrog

I would like Tesla produced a coupe like this (with AWD, ACC, power folding mirrors, pedestrian and obstacle detection, blind spot detection added with respect to the options now available on the Model S):

Attached Files: